Xbox 360 or HTPC??

Rekx

Could be too late but a old Case, a decent PSU with a APU solution would be pretty good.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

a htpc supports more media formats, have a few mkv's i had to convert because the xbox hates me

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

i would go for an HTPC. You can Upgrade storage and components in the future. you can throw a odd in it if you want and build a quiet good pc with low budget. And the thing about gaming: Game Streaming is getting a huge thing an a htpc would be very nice and i guess right easy to upgrade if streaming is available. But if you now buy a xbox360 you stuck with this technologie. Now new video codecs that you can play back. no data transfer options. No simple playback from external device whatever the filesystem is and the device and more. i would go for the htpc. you can build it and changw it for your need if you need. otherwise you may need to buy a new solution soon. And in a htpc you can put a video card in for sattelite and cable if you want. so you can make it a whole in one solution for you livingroom with internet tv, cable tv, internet radio and more ;) just my oppinion, im not forceing anyone ;)

I would go for the HTPC if you already got a gaming PC. With SteamOS Steam In-Home Streaming, you'll be able to stream AAA titles to the living room.

For the media part, I would install Plex. It's just the best, hands down. You can connect to it with pretty much everything. Your phone, tablet, laptop... I personally use it and I can watch all my stuff wherever I am. Be it in the bed on 500km away from home. 

If you get am Xbox remember you need Live GOLD to watch Netflix and use other apps. I have both a 360 and am HTPC so here is my take: If you are looking more towards watching movies and streaming local files the HTPC is a much much better option. However if you are going to be gaming more and have Live GOLD anyways with the occasional streaming get the Xbox.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Xbox so cheap

goes perfect with your avatar

CA-RIP, Cz up hoes down, bang these hoes out with my rounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Both.

HTPC+Plex to Xbox via DLNA.

So you could have the HTPC plugged to one tv and have it stream to another. 

Now that i got the steam in home streaming beta im really into the idea of getting a NUC. What do you guys think? Im also getting a NAS server, so i will be able to stream movies and series over my local network.

Its the Synology DS214+ plus shipping for only 264 dollars

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Still tryin to sell my xbox360 lol

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro