7820X vs 8700K - Benchmarks requested

Per the topic, 

I've searched around for a while but only found opinions :/

While some people's opinions I value, and I came to this forum because I follow the show, please understand I don't really trust "random" people's opinions much.

I like statistical analysis. I like crunching numbers and findings percentage differences.

What I haven't found yet, is the one thing I want:

A benchmark comparison between 8700K and 7820X, *BUT* with the same clock, and with a guarantee that the Asus default OC configuration was disabled, or both CPUs were otherwise equalized via OCing.

I found some bench comparisons, of course, but they used an Asus Z370 board and didn't note whether or not they OCed the 7820X, or disabled the default OC setting of the Asus board.

I don't care for the price difference, and I won't go for an AMD if a gun was pointed at my forehead :P

Please, you are my only hope in this dark world, forum, save me q_q 

Thanks in advance, 

Ziv.

screwing up the title  had me incredably confused...

the 8700K is going to win in games though because of the ring buss im pretty sure

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

screwing up the title  had me incredably confused...

the 8700K is going to win in games though because of the ring buss im pretty sure

LOL! I didn't notice!!! Thanks for pointing it out! I corrected the topic :)

I've had the same though, but I want to see numbers you know?

4 minutes ago, Damascus said:

@done12many2 Has both and may be able to help you out

@done12many2 That would absolutely make my day! Can you bench them under the same OC at 4.7Ghz, or 3.7Ghz for both, with equal-esqe (mobo...) hardware?

(With the OC setting for the 8700K turned off if it's 3.7Ghz, of course)

Just now, ziv6 said:

LOL! I didn't notice!!! Thanks for pointing it out! I corrected the topic :)

I've had the same though, but I want to see numbers you know?

dosent the 7820x already loose to the 7700K in games tho? the 8700K should beat it seeing as it has two more cores on the 7700K and dosent have the mesh buss but rather the ring bus. especially on NVIDIA cards in DX11 this is basically the perfect CPU seeing as they exploit the ring buss and have a 6 threaded implementation for their cards, so here we have a CPU that has advantage over both the 7700K and the 7820x

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, ziv6 said:

@done12many2 That would absolutely make my day! Can you bench them under the same OC at 4.7Ghz, or 3.7Ghz for both, with equal-esqe (mobo...) hardware?

Just realised I was probably wrong (not sure on the 8700K and he's got a 7900X) Though I doubt the 7820X can beat the 8700k in gaming

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

As bananacake said, the 8700K will crush Skylake-XD in gaming because it has the dumb-proof ring bus with very smol latency.

Skylake-XD has the Mesh system that is all fooked up and makes the chips perform worse in games. Heavily multithreaded apps will probably favor the 7820XD.

X299 will be more expensive but possibly more futureproof than Z370.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

22 minutes ago, ziv6 said:

I wish I could give you the 1:1 comparison that you're looking for, but I don't actually own either of the mentioned processors.  I have a 7900X and a 7700K.  

Anyways, as others have stated, if for purely gaming, go for the 8700K.  If your going to be using the rig for a mixed workload to include gaming, I'd personally go with the 7820X.

If I had a choice between the two, I'd be picking up a 7820X.  I wouldn't mind having a 8700K rig either.  I just prefer HEDT platforms.  

9 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I wish I could give you the 1:1 comparison that you're looking for, but I don't actually own either of the mentioned processors.  I have a 7900X and a 7700K.  

Anyways, as others have stated, if for purely gaming, go for the 8700K.  If your going to be using the rig for a mixed workload to include gaming, I'd personally go with the 7820X.

If I had a choice between the two, I'd be picking up a 7820X.  I wouldn't mind having a 8700K rig either.  I just prefer HEDT platforms.  

80% of what I do(gaming). I do play around with VMs hosting SQL sometimes, and I've been wanting to get into streaming, but even than it would be lightweight hobby stuff.

Since the 8700K has both Vt-d and Vt-x... I'd only really be loosing on the RAM front, and on heavily multi-threaded applications. Or so it seems.

My current setup involves a 2600 non-K xD I'm lucky to have this EVGA 980 Ti, or I wouldn't be able to play a thing. Serves me well in most other things though. And I would be limited to 1x16, if I don't want to knock it down to x8...