Graphics card isnt showing up in device manager? Cant find correct drivers

SMass620

I recently got given a spare PowerColor HD 5850 (AMD) and wanted to install it. So I did. The fan spins and it is plugged into the correct port, however it isnt outputting a signal or showing up on device manager. I cant find the correct drivers either.

My plan was to have my internal graphics (intel HD 4600) power 1 monitor and the other graphics card that I just got (PowerColor HD 5850) power my second monitor.

help. pls. I run minecraft at 45fps on low detail with onboard.....

Was it used? And if so, was it actually working for the previous owner?

I would point to BIOS configuration issues, but that shouldn't be the case these days. If you have another computer you can use to test the card with to make sure it actually works, that'll give you a better idea of if the card is good or not.

Yes, it was working for the previous owner. I dont have another computer I can use so Ill try and find the drivers, can anyone help?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows 10 - 64

If it doesn't say you have the video card, then there's still an issue detecting it. I know I said BIOS settings shouldn't do anything, but it wouldn't hurt to revert the settings to default to make sure it really isn't that.