Here's where you can get 8700 and 8600k NOW!

To my surprise those guys on overclockers.co.uk got the goods.

downsides is.. you got to pay a little more 

zdfjul6.png

laKuBn2.png

to be real with you. the 8700 non k is the sweet spot for me. overclocking is not really my thing

7 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

To my surprise those guys on overclockers.co.uk got the goods.

downsides is.. you got to pay a little more 

zdfjul6.png

5sj4CGd.png

to be real with you. the 8700 non k is the sweet spot for me. overclocking is not really my thing

i disagree with your 8700 non k....  alot. You can get so much more performance. 

subscribe to pewdiepie

4 minutes ago, Merp83 said:

i disagree with your 8700 non k....  alot. You can get so much more performance. 

by putting your cpu on strain? no thank you.

1 minute ago, IamODIN said:

by putting your cpu on strain? no thank you.

Even stock, the 8700k runs at 3.7 base while the 8700 runs at 3.2

So even if you dont OC, the 8700 is still more powerful.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Novatech even have 8700k in stock as of the time I'm writing! That price though... also 8600k (retail) at £327.41, 8700 (retail) £329.99.

I'm not giving my cash to either and can afford to wait for more sensible pricing.

nova8700k.png.b5445cabde82db0fab1d5b40584d95dd.png

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

i wouldnt think much of .5 frequency boost. 

for example. the  8400 gives the 7700k competition in running games and sometimes even beating the 7700k.. and the 7700k runs at 4.20 GHz base while the 8400 runs 2.8GHz base

3 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

for example. the  8400 gives the 7700k competition in running games and sometimes even beating the 7700k.. and the 7700k runs at 4.20 GHz base while the 8400 runs 2.8GHz base

because of no of cores and IPC. that's why you don't compare different generation of cpu with clock speed alone

rip

Just now, rip said:

because of number of cores and IPC. that's why you don't compare different generation of cpu with clock speed alone

i know but realistically. the difference in performance won't be all that different to talk about.. maybe 4 fps more? im not interested in having to worry about cooling etc of an unlocked processor to brag about me having the k verson.

also the 8700 non k turbo boosts up to 4.6GHz

Just now, IamODIN said:

I havent seen any game where the 8400 beats the 7700k

also the 8700 non k turbo boosts up to 4.6GHz

Thats single core, where the 8700K goes to 4.7, and has higher multi core count frequencies down to the six core count where they become the same (4.3 at all cores)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I havent seen any game where the 8400 beats the 7700k

Thats single core, where the 8700K goes to 4.7, and has higher multi core count frequencies down to the six core count where they become the same (4.3 at all cores)

check pauls hardare and linus 8700k review.. u will see the 7700k and 8400 in the benchmarks

cfl_turbo_v2_575px.png

as said before. its not all that different.

im not saying that the 8700 non k is better but is nothing to brag about

i did my research

23 minutes ago, Merp83 said:

Define a lot? Because OCing really only impacts benchmarks. Like cool you get another 2 fps in games and cut your 2 hours render down by 4 secs. 

17 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Base clock mean NOTHING in terms of performance. 8700 and 8700k turbo to 4.6 and 4.7 respectively which is not noticeable in real world use. 8700 just uses less power at base speeds. 

i would like to point out you guys are arguing against people with more posts which generally means more experience 

6 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Define a lot? Because OCing really only impacts benchmarks. Like cool you get another 2 fps in games and cut your 2 hours render down by 4 secs. 

Base clock mean NOTHING in terms of performance. 8700 and 8700k turbo to 4.6 and 4.7 respectively which is not noticeable in real world use. 8700 just uses less power at base speeds. 

thank you.. someone with sense

1 minute ago, Dreaper said:

i would like to point out you guys are arguing against people with more posts which generally means more experience 

thats just ignorant speaking and you should just stop it right now..

i can post bullshit whole day everyday.. just saying.

3 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

zMeul.....someone with over 3 times the post of anyone in this thread.

Please say that statement again with a straight face. Number of post in no way shape or form has to do with experience. 

33 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Intel be like "people with money where you be!"

thank you.. someone with sense

thats just ignorant speaking and you should just stop it right now..

i can post bullshit whole day everyday.. just saying.

Trust me you can try and post bullshit all day but its not like the smart people wont see through it and ignore it. The 8700 is the better price per performance factor here, as is the 1700 non x is in the ryzen line up, usually the non overclock able version has the better silicon lottery as of performance, as in the wattage it takes is less and is more efficient compared to that of it high wattage over clock brother. Just learn to listen since if you dont you screw yourself over in life. Helps a lot more than it does to argue or just speak which everyone mostly is on auto-pilot mode for speaking.

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

zMeul.....someone with over 3 times the post of anyone in this thread.

Please say that statement again with a straight face. Number of post in no way shape or form has to do with experience. 

That is where you are wrong, having many posts does indeed mean experience as the fact is the more you post the more information you put in and then can be dignified as right and or wrong. It is an experience to learn things that you havent learned from people who do have experience as there is always someone with more experience and or time with tech than you have no matter how you look at it

Caseking from Germany are offering custom delidded CL chips with liquid metal TIM and der8auer marked heatsinks. Some of them guaranteed to clock to 5.2.

1 minute ago, Haeking said:

Trust me you can try and post bullshit all day but its not like the smart people wont see through it and ignore it. The 8700 is the better price per performance factor here, as is the 1700 non x is in the ryzen line up, usually the non overclock able version has the better silicon lottery as of performance, as in the wattage it takes is less and is more efficient compared to that of it high wattage over clock brother. Just learn to listen since if you dont you screw yourself over in life. Helps a lot more than it does to argue or just speak which everyone mostly is on auto-pilot mode for speaking.

im not arguing .. everything i say is FACTS and i can prove everything.

there's no where in this thread you can see me say the 8700 is better than the 8700k in performance. all i said is that im not into overclocking and the 8700 is the sweet spot. and the performance of the 8700k aint nothing to talk about against the 8700 non k

Just now, Haeking said:

That is where you are wrong, having many posts does indeed mean experience as the fact is the more you post the more information you put in and then can be dignified as right and or wrong. It is an experience to learn things that you havent learned from people who do have experience as there is always someone with more experience and or time with tech than you have no matter how you look at it

Again....look at my evidence of zMeul. An account where he spewed bullshit 24/7 and no one every agreed and he never attempted to research. You know what show more experience as well? More hands on. Im mean what, linus has 200ish post but he must not be experienced. There are people here with knowledge but dont post often

Just now, IamODIN said:

im not arguing .. everything i say is FACTS and i can prove everything.

there's no where in this thread you can see me say the 8700 is better than the 8700k in performance. all i said is that im not into overclocking and the 8700 is the sweet spot. and the performance of the 8700k aint nothing to talk about against the 8700 non k

For price per dollar and performance the 8700 is better 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Again....look at my evidence of zMeul. An account where he spewed bullshit 24/7 and no one every agreed and he never attempted to research. You know what show more experience as well? More hands on. Im mean what, linus has 200ish post but he must not be experienced. There are people here with knowledge but dont post often

Trust me I know there are shitposters, there always is but, you can look at there acc. and only see that either most people think they are funny or not, that's why they have the reputation system with those who are good and those who are not. Also some people like you say are just not active with the forums so, that's up to them

2 minutes ago, Haeking said:

you are making youself look bad as the other guy.. here's why

i can read and learn a lot of things and choose not to post or comment in a thread.

also i can be a member of another website similar to this (which i am) and have a great following there and here.

so posts is does not define experience.,

POST DEFINE THE HOURS AND THE TIME YOU HAVE TO SPEND HERE COMMENTING RACKING UP ALL THOSE POSTS COUNTS BECAUSE YOU LIKE HELPING AND HAVE THE TIME TO DO SO.. 

54 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

41 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

POST DEFINE THE HOURS AND THE TIME YOU HAVE TO SPEND HERE COMMENTING RACKING UP ALL THOSE POSTS COUNTS BECAUSE YOU LIKE HELPING AND HAVE THE TIME TO DO SO.. 

He's not wrong. Post count does not dictate intelligence or experience, only commitment to contributing to the LTT forums. Just as your bronze badge shows your commitment to supporting the forums financially. 

11 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

He's not wrong. Post count does not dictate intelligence or experience, only commitment to contributing to the LTT forums. Just as your bronze badge shows your commitment to supporting the forums financially. 

at least u know somthing