Audio Enchancements Missing after Update 1709

Go to solution Solved by westport17,

Got the problem. It Equalizer APO that made my Enhancements disappear.
I remembered that after I upgrade to 1709 I also installed APO and enable it in my system.

After I disable it, my enhancements got back, with all its last setting.

I'm so sorry for my dumbness on this. Thanks for the answers you guys gave.

Hi, my audio enhancements are missing (both mic and speakers) from my Audio Setting and my Realtek UI.
Anyone got this issue after updating Windows 10 to 1709?

Spoiler

59ed7ac4b4f25_Screenshot(47).png.66d3ef644a6f5c9447f16a22fc656f2d.png59ed7ac1bdc07_Screenshot(57).png.9a107a6735ab06d3111186926cc09c36.png59ed7ac2a9157_Screenshot(56).png.dd12ce99a09c9a87b07e7f51e3e0278b.png

ah yes, those tend to come and go mysteriously.  Actually I'm gonna follow this in case anyone can answer since I'd like to know if there is actually any method to the madness.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Still there for me. Why use them though?

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

5 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

The "loudness equalization" (basically a compressor/limiter) can be handy in some cases, like WAN show back before they fixed the sound

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The "loudness equalization" (basically a compressor/limiter) can be handy in some cases, like WAN show back before they fixed the sound

Ah ok. In my experience they seem to just be incredibly inconsistent and emphasize random frequencies (bass will be strong one moment, next moment the vocals are super strong and the bass is barely noticeable). 

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Just now, sazrocks said:

Ah ok. In my experience they seem to just be incredibly inconsistent and emphasize random frequencies (bass will be strong one moment, next moment the vocals are super strong and the bass is barely noticeable). 

I have noticed it tends to overemphasize bass but it's rare.  you could always combine it with an EQ that cuts bass if you're using it as I said, where sound quality is second in importance to consistency and listening comfort.

14 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

ah yes, those tend to come and go mysteriously.  Actually I'm gonna follow this in case anyone can answer since I'd like to know if there is actually any method to the madness.

Yeah, especially after a big update. Still wondering what's causing this to happen randomly..

14 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

I'm using EQ since I was using Athlon till now, that's a very big deal for me.

And since I'm still using a basic mic, I have to use noise reduction and acoustic echo cancellation to minimize my speaker volume that my mic receive :)

#SorryBadEnglish

Just now, westport17 said:

Yeah, especially after a big update. Still wondering what's causing this to happen randomly..

I'm using EQ since I was using Athlon till now, that's a very big deal for me.

And since I'm still using a basic mic, I have to use noise reduction and acoustic echo cancellation to minimize my speaker volume that my mic receive :)

#SorryBadEnglish

I'd advise against general use of the built in Windows EQ.  It does some weird things, particularly if you use it to increase the volume of any frequency.  Try EqualizerAPO

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'd advise against general use of the built in Windows EQ.  It does some weird things, particularly if you use it to increase the volume of any frequency.  Try EqualizerAPO

I'm using Realtek's EQ. I just found out about APO today and yes I like it, but it's not that reliable. Sometimes it makes my speaker hum very loud for idk the reason.
Maybe I'll digging more about it. It works well EQing my mic, but not yet on my speakers.

Just now, westport17 said:

I'm using Realtek's EQ. I just found out about APO today and yes I like it, but it's not that reliable. Sometimes it makes my speaker hum very loud for idk the reason.
Maybe I'll digging more about it. It works well EQing my mic, but not yet on my speakers.

I've never had any issues with it.  I like how controllable it is, you can do literally anything.

I describe how different EQs behave in this post here:

EqualizerAPO used to act like #1 if you just set an EQ and did no preamping, but has since been updated to act like #3, which I'm not a fan of in principal, but in practice it doens't matter since it does offer a preamp (unlike the realtek/windows one) and therefore you can set it up properly (like #2) regardless.

50 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've never had any issues with it.  I like how controllable it is, you can do literally anything.

I describe how different EQs behave in this post here:

EqualizerAPO used to act like #1 if you just set an EQ and did no preamping, but has since been updated to act like #3, which I'm not a fan of in principal, but in practice it doens't matter since it does offer a preamp (unlike the realtek/windows one) and therefore you can set it up properly (like #2) regardless.

Okay thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to get the most of APO.

Still waiting for anyone who can fix this original issue.

Got the problem. It Equalizer APO that made my Enhancements disappear.
I remembered that after I upgrade to 1709 I also installed APO and enable it in my system.

After I disable it, my enhancements got back, with all its last setting.

I'm so sorry for my dumbness on this. Thanks for the answers you guys gave.