Ethereum drop?

EJOE
Just now, DrMacintosh said:

Hahahahaha

OK

happy to entertain.  Still waiting on proof that it's free. 

7 minutes ago, Commodore Sim said:

Still waiting on proof that it's free. 

How isn't it? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

How isn't it? 

really you ask and merely get it? They're handing it out no charge?  Pretty sure that isn't the process.

1 minute ago, Commodore Sim said:

They're handing it out no charge?

The charge is something you aren't doing. Besides the cost of the GPU it seems pretty free to me. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

The charge is something you aren't doing. Besides the cost of the GPU it seems pretty free to me. 

where can i get my free GPU and free electricity? and Free rest of a computer too?

Just now, Commodore Sim said:

where can i get my free GPU and free electricity? and Free rest of a computer too?

I'm still waiting on an example of where any real work is being done. 

I'm still waiting on an example of where any real work is being done. 

I guess any work done digitally doesn't count then.  Doesn't bode well for the 21st century I think, MY Goodness!!!  This conversation is nothingness......

Or you know a miner has to do an F-tonne of very specific hashing to yield a coin, but that's wheel spinning right?  Hmm you an I should start a novel company where we can publish and sell whatever our chimps can smash into a keyboard.  Because anything done digitally is equally valueless I guess, think of all the money we'll save not hiring silly redundant writers.

4 minutes ago, Commodore Sim said:

I guess any work done digitally doesn't count then.

Exactly. 

Exactly. 

hmm seems sarcasm doesn't either, very well. No chimp based publishing for you then, I'm almost done Scrapyard wars and we aren't doing too good on the OPs question.  So I bid ye good night.

It's pretty close to normal, in the us at least. Just looking at newegg, there are plenty of rx 580's under 300$.

https://m.newegg.com/ProductList?keyword=Rx+580

Same goes for the gtx 1060.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

4 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

How isn't it? 

It costs money to run and it cost money to buy equipment. 

It's no different than lending computing power for any other purpose. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

The used GPU market is going to be nuts (some day) all of these 1070's and rx580's are going to be going for so cheap if the market crashes or if a new better mining gpu comes out. Personally I am waiting for that day.

4 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

Maybe in China but not in the US.

Yeah, for now. 

11 hours ago, Commodore Sim said:

or so the -ism does imply.

but what does that have to do with the fact that coin mining isn't free money?

It’s free money dude, 

lets  say your parents bought your computer and pay the power bill, so then you mine and You are making free money 

your not even investing your own time because you can go off and do anything you want, your not stuck sitting there doing work to get the money 

a job is payment for your time and effort, mineing is payment for pressing a button 

so the miner can have it as free money. 

Not it free to your parents but free to you the person getting the money.

so not free for everyone but some people 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

2 hours ago, Clockwork_princess said:

It’s free money dude, 

lets  say your parents bought your computer and pay the power bill, so then you mine and You are making free money 

your not even investing your own time because you can go off and do anything you want, your not stuck sitting there doing work to get the money 

a job is payment for your time and effort, mineing is payment for pressing a button 

so the miner can have it as free money. 

Not it free to your parents but free to you the person getting the money.

so not free for everyone but some people 

Soo not free.

1 hour ago, Commodore Sim said:

Soo not free.

well you cant fix ignorance, ill just block you now,

you need to provide reason you cant just say no, but i understand people with mental disabilities have a hard time doing so  

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

55 minutes ago, Commodore Sim said:

Soo not free.

maybe you need to define what "free" means to you.   but for most people Free is basically getting more back than you put in..or not having to pay for it even if it costs money.     i call this "effectively free"  when your ROI is positive....    the major difference between this, and lets say a normal business, is have effectively zero man-hours.  you just turn it up and start making money..  most places on earth, you can make between a few cents to a few dollars even on a single GPU after factor in power usage..

if you have positive ROI day after day, then its "effectively free".  because your money that is being made can afford the daily power usage as well as afford you a little bit of money on the side.   you dont calculate GPU cost day to day, that's a long term cost.... so that's a dumb argument if you start that one up, and proves that you dont understand the business of mining 

Seems we need to call GPU protective services with all this free GPU labor going around. GPUs shouldn't be subjected to these poor environments without sufficient undervolting and a wage for their efforts! We must end this reign of miners receiving free money from the labor of poor GPUs that will have a shorter life expectancy!  Time to organize a GPU union and begin a new movement to satisfy our future AI overlords.

i personally am 50/50 on this subject...  i do want cryptocurrency  to be a thing, it has really good strengths and works on its own terms that are not influenced by economic shifts..  

however, it is very annoying landscape for pc hardware right now because of these  annoying miners.. Z97/X79 sandy bridge/ivy bridge boards are like $200-$500  ???  some of these high speed 8 core xeons like E5-2657W (i think is the number, but prob wrong) used to cost like $80 on ebay used are now $180+ used.. GTX 980 Ti used to cost spring of 2017 around $175-$180 used, now averaging out to $300+ used.  RX480 i sold one of my 2 i owned and was using in crossfire..  paid $170 for it, 8GB XFX GTR model.. sold it for $450 locally to someone..he admitted to being an ETH miner and told me hit him up if i get my hands on anymore.. i was tempted to sell him my other RX480, but i backed out since this xeon doesn't have an iGPU.  derp move on my part since ETH since has settled out a bit..

2 minutes ago, toastybread said:

i was tempted to sell him my other RX480, but i backed out since this xeon doesn't have an iGPU.  derp move on my part since ETH since has settled out a bit..

I would see if he would still buy it for the same price (Doubt it but who knows) and then go out an buy a new GPU for less.

1 minute ago, tjcater said:

I would see if he would still buy it for the same price (Doubt it but who knows) and then go out an buy a new GPU for less.

ya, thinking about it, i got my eyes on a 980Ti i seen a few in upper $200 range and a few locally that sell fast for $250..   still little steep, but $250 for what is basically a 1070..that's not too bad actually..  

6 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yeah, for now. 

Whatever! You're just pissed off that people are making money just because they have many GPU's. 

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

Whatever! You're just pissed off that people are making money just because they have many GPU's. 

They really aren’t making that much. Half of the time trying to make money was used to pay off the cards. 

4 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

They really aren’t making that much. Half of the time trying to make money was used to pay off the cards. 

You're just trying to make yourself look less angry over the situation.