Help with First build

8 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

Yes.

so? Whats your point? Its completely irrelevant. 

A CPU is a CPU. A GPU is a GPU. RAM is RAM. So, he might as well just spend $50 on each right? 

mmhm, and where did I say that looking nice was the only benefit to a slightly more expensive case?

What benefit then? 

-Amy Miyake

27 minutes ago, KawaiiRaven said:

What benefit then? 

43 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

So, why not use a cheap shit case? Because theyre cheap shit. Significantly worse to build in as well.

Like I said. So obviously a more expensive case has the benefit of not being cheap shit and an absolute nightmare to build in. Also the use of better materials. PCIe covers that can be removed, as opposed to having to be snapped off. Not cutting yourself on everything. Better thermals. More dust filtering. More fan/rad support. Etc etc. I could go on, but Ive more than proven my point.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

15 hours ago, Sanctorum said:

Like I said. So obviously a more expensive case has the benefit of not being cheap shit and an absolute nightmare to build in. Also the use of better materials. PCIe covers that can be removed, as opposed to having to be snapped off. Not cutting yourself on everything. Better thermals. More dust filtering. More fan/rad support. Etc etc. I could go on, but Ive more than proven my point.

Right.  Are there any cheap cases that aren´t bad?

Bad cases really suck, and considering that the parts inside may be replaced a couple times over time, it makes all the more sense to get a good one.  I´d compare prices and consider buying a used one.

Besides, I wouldn´t get a case that doesn´t have the board horizontally in it.  It doesn´t matter too much how good the case is when you have something like a big tower and need to crawl around on the floor trying to see in more or less darkness what you´re doing when you have to work on things.  Flipping it over isn´t always possible, and needing to do that is bad to begin with.

That brings you to like a Chenbro 19" case, and those are even cheap /and/ good.