Moving program files

SKOONJar
Go to solution Solved by SKOONJar,

I did a registry edit... Figured it out on my own... Thanks for the advice anyway

So I bought a ssd the other day and just got around to installing it. Its a 120gig ssd so I do not have enough space for all my program files so my question was how do I move program files over to my terabyte hdd?

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

You could create a folder in the D:/ (or whatever your letter your drive is) and just redirect it to the program folder when you are installing applications.

or

http://www.intowindows.com/change-default-installation-directory-in-windows-7-vista/#comment-6339 to mod it but do it at your own risk as it doesn't really support it and best to do this with a clean installation.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933700

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Why not just clean out your drive and install Windows again. put all your big stuff on the HDD and keep the SSD for everything.

I did a registry edit... Figured it out on my own... Thanks for the advice anyway

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster