ISP wants to censor the internet: Canadian edition.

Terryv
21 minutes ago, mr moose said:

"Do some research" cries the person who accused another person of being ignorant while posting something ignorant themselves.  FWIW, I'm 42.  Looking back to the 60's and 70's will give you no useful information when talking about today's values, Too much has change too significantly for that.  25 years is well and truly sufficient to start understanding the ebb and flow of an economy. 

The earlier years I mentioned give context to how far gone the situation has become. I guess it’s hard for the majority of tech enthusiasts to understand that newer isn’t always better. At 42, I would assume that you already knew that.

Granted that there is no official measuring stick for what statistics are relevant, none of us can really claim a winner here but I would prefer to broaden my data set and therefore my expectations as a whole.

Modern values are shit

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

7 minutes ago, Hellion said:

The earlier years I mentioned give context to how far gone the situation has become. I guess it’s hard for the majority of tech enthusiasts to understand that newer isn’t always better. At 42, I would assume that you already knew that.

Granted that there is no official measuring stick for what statistics are relevant, none of us can really claim a winner here but I would prefer to broaden my data set and therefore my expectations as a whole.

Modern values are shit

I'm not too sure you understand what I was saying.  We simply cannot look at the exchange rates from 60 years ago and try to make any arguments about the value of today's rates.  It just doesn't work that way.    The reason there is no "measuring stick", is because the concept of being able to assess an economy using anything but itself and it's immediate history is flawed.  Any such datum would be arbitrary at best.  The value of the Dollar by itself is a mixed blessing, low is good for some and shit for others, while high is the opposite.   The only good value for the dollar is the one where the economy of said nation can stabilize itself and not go into recession or start to suffer runaway inflation. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

@Terryv

Made some changes. I know it's limited as I only have my smartphone available frnthe next few days.

I hope this is better.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's