what to expect from a Xeon Based System?

Hello guys, i just made a parts list and i wanted to know what do people think about this PC.

1. Intel Xeon E5-2650 : $74.03
2. Power Xtreme X79 ITX Motherboard : $87.10
3. Sapphire RX 480 8GB Nitro+ : $259.48
4. Corsair HX650i + Razer Kraken Pro : $148.25
5. Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 : $59.30
6. Samsung 850 Evo 250GB : $85.24
7. Seagate 1TB HDD ST1000DM010 : $51.52
Total : $765.52

1. Budget & Location

Indonesia, where it is kinda the typical place where you have high taxes so new parts aren't considered

around Rp 10.000.000 / $800

2. Aim

Virtualization Machine, and Gaming Machine

Simulation Games at 1080p

3. Monitors

Samsung FHD Curved TV, will probably get LG 27MP59-G for $260 later on

4. Peripherals

Just a G403/402 Mouse and G213 Prodigy Keyboard (#Logitechfanboy)

5. Why i am upgrading?

My current System is 

1. Core 2 something CPU

2. Asus P5G41T-M LX

3. 350W OEM PSU

4. 1GB DDR3 RAM

5. 160GB HDD (will reuse this since it has an original Windows 7)

6. PixelView GF9400GT

I can actually spend less by modding my current motherboard so it can fit a LGA 771 Xeon, but since my demand is VM i wanted more cores for Editing and Lightweight Gaming

Thank you Guys!

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

that should be a pretty good setup. LGA2011 Xeons are actually still very respectable CPUs. My 2670 doesn't bottleneck my new Titan XP at all!

You will experience slightly slower boot times than for example a 4930K or a 4960X. But that'll only be a few seconds.

also, i can't find that motherboard on google anywhere? got a link so i can check it out? :)

Are you buying the Xeon brand new? If you are, you'd be better off going with Intel's enthusiast platform (X299 and X99). It would also be a better value than an X79 Xeon system.

Just now, jeff.proto-_- said:

Are you buying the Xeon brand new? If you are, you'd be better off going with Intel's enthusiast platform (X299 and X99)

look at what price they put, no way its all used. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Just now, jeff.proto-_- said:

Are you buying the Xeon brand new? If you are, you'd be better off going with Intel's enthusiast platform (X299 and X99)

no it is an old xeon (Socket 2011)

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 minute ago, jeff.proto-_- said:

How does that make any sense? The cost of those platforms are way higher than the current build they have planned.

10 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

How does that make any sense? The cost of those platforms are way higher than the current build they have planned.

by the way how good this PC will perform in games?

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Should be able to play 1080p games at near max setting with 60 fps. 

Well since this motherboard is Mini ITX do i have to buy a new case that is small? I already have one but too big for that ITX board

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

3 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Well since this motherboard is Mini ITX do i have to buy a new case that is small? I already have one but too big for that ITX board

You have to have a case that supports mini itx. If your current case supports it then you wouldn't have to otherwise you do.

On 16/10/2017 at 9:12 PM, RollinLower said:

that should be a pretty good setup. LGA2011 Xeons are actually still very respectable CPUs. My 2670 doesn't bottleneck my new Titan XP at all!

You will experience slightly slower boot times than for example a 4930K or a 4960X. But that'll only be a few seconds.

also, i can't find that motherboard on google anywhere? got a link so i can check it out? :)

The link for motherboard

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :