Equifax Website breached with flash malware.

ItsMitch
4 hours ago, mok said:

It took me a year to convince equifax that im not my brother....

So it's technically possible to kill your brother and steal his credit score? Asking for a friend. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 hours ago, tjcater said:

This only effects people from Central America specifically. It is an entirely separate site. Also I visited that site specifically and received no prompt or redirection what so ever on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

11 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

It's only Equifax. Trans Union, Experian, and Innovis didn't have any issues.

As far as we know.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

As far as we know.

Well that could be said for anything. Based on your name as far as I know you could be compromised A.I. with an obsession for flight simulator X lol ?

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Well that could be said for anything. Based on your name as far as I know you could be compromised A.I. with an obsession for flight simulator X lol ?

Shit you found out.

11 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Once again proving that most of these breaches are not problems with the software but the dumbasses using it. Like what the fuck is flash doing on a server that has that amount of incredibly personal information in the first place? 

the breaches are a problem with the software. Someone somewhere didnt set it up right and make their software correctly.

The other question is, does Equifax hire an outside contractor to do all their IT stuff?

You know, assigning a person a number to open bank and credit accounts with, that cannot be easily changed within one's lifetime, and is used as plaintext in a very many documents, doesn't strike me as the best idea in the world.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

10 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

This only effects people from Central America specifically. It is an entirely separate site. Also I visited that site specifically and received no prompt or redirection what so ever on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

Did Equifax fix it on there side too? I don't get a prompt there.

10 hours ago, System Error Message said:

the breaches are a problem with the software. Someone somewhere didnt set it up right and make their software correctly.

That not the case most the time. People clicking on links, installing things and not caring about credentials are the main cause for a huge amount of the breaches. Yeah there are ones that are do to software not being setup or secured correctly, but that is few and far between people being general idiots with equipment hosting information like this.

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

That not the case most the time. People clicking on links, installing things and not caring about credentials are the main cause for a huge amount of the breaches. Yeah there are ones that are do to software not being setup or secured correctly, but that is few and far between people being general idiots with equipment hosting information like this.

thats software actually. Setting it up right is part of the job. And yet some people complain some companies are too strict with their PC and internet usages.

2 minutes ago, System Error Message said:

thats software actually. Setting it up right is part of the job. And yet some people complain some companies are too strict with their PC and internet usages.

No matter how well you set something up, people will be dumb and write passwords under their keyboard, click on every link they see and enter their password no matter the reason its asking, install what they want (if admin credentials exist)...Even with my locked down images people would still manage to do something stupid to lose their account or infect a machine. 

On 10/12/2017 at 6:39 AM, SC2Mitch said:

Another day, another load of bullshit from Equifax when their website got breached and got infected with malware

Good news is that this has apparently, finally gotten the IRS to look more seriously at that $7.2 million contract that they awarded...

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/10/after-second-bungle-irs-suspends-equifaxs-taxpayer-identity-contract/

I doubt that much really will happen, but who knows, maybe the US Government will finally take a good hard look at these agencies prior to giving them money...