Eagle Project for Boy Scouts

AMDPRO

As an avid viewer of LTT, I have decided that for my eagle project(a massive service project) to partner with FreeGeek. I will be collecting PC's I was wondering if any of you had any tips of how o collect pc's effectively and a lot of them. thanks BTW

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

PC JUNKYARD/ PC GRAVEYARD / PC RECYCLING PLANTS 

1 minute ago, AMDPRO said:

As an avid viewer of LTT, I have decided that for my eagle project(a massive service project) to partner with FreeGeek. I will be collecting PC's I was wondering if any of you had any tips of how o collect pc's effectively and a lot of them. thanks BTW

Just now, Haeking said:

PC JUNKYARD/ PC GRAVEYARD / PC RECYCLING PLANTS 

Is'nt that not effective, as I'll be taking them out of recycling plants just to recycle them at FreeGeek?

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steal display models from Best Buy. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Steal display models from Best Buy. 

Best idea yet

Get a parent with truck and put ad on newspaper.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Send out community requests to local businesses, schools and local government with details about your project and requesting them to donate any surplus machines or machines that will soon go into surplus.  

Eagle here-- what else are you doing in the project beyond being a junk collector and disassembler? That's not sufficient IMO.

How will this benefit the community? What tangible impact will you be able to point to in 6 months to a year when you do your Board?

How will you involve and lead others to complete the project?

I think your base idea is usable and noble, but I don't see anything yet that would qualify as a service project. I see hobbyist level volunteering.

1 minute ago, bimmerman said:

Eagle here-- what else are you doing in the project beyond being a junk collector and disassembler? That's not sufficient IMO.

Agreed, has this passed the board of review yet? Generally speaking ESP's are meant to demonstrate leadership skills and time management, among other things like finances and community benefit. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just to point out-- a guy in my troop way back in the pre smartphone days had to redo his project because the initial project was to supply volunteer labor for a community event. Great idea but NOT a service project. He ended up setting up and doing a second (and approved) project the month before he turned 18.

2 hours ago, bimmerman said:

How will this benefit the community? What tangible impact will you be able to point to in 6 months to a year when you do your Board?

How will you involve and lead others to complete the project?

I think your base idea is usable and noble, but I don't see anything yet that would qualify as a service project. I see hobbyist level volunteering.

Thank you for your concern, but I am already fully approved, and I will also be giving lessons on how to build and repair computers, and  am fixing up the computers after they are collected and donated to FreeGeek  people without a pc will have their life changed by this BTW

2 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Just to point out-- a guy in my troop way back in the pre smartphone days had to redo his project because the initial project was to supply volunteer labor for a community event. Great idea but NOT a service project. He ended up setting up and doing a second (and approved) project the month before he turned 18.

I’m educating, fundraising, collecting, and fixing. All he did was some service hours