Not listening to music in the car

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Yikes, that’s only 5000 km. My car service interval is 15,000 km (9300 miles). I freaking love only needing to take it in a couple times per year. 

The thing about my truck is, I can reset it (at least, I can try for 20 minutes and make myself feel stupid for not being able to figure out pressing the gas 5 times when the ignition is in 'accessory mode' a second time), and it will not come up again. The maintenance schedules for it call for oil changes at either 7500 miles or 15000 miles, depending on how it is driven and what filter and oil I use.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

The thing about my truck is, I can reset it (at least, I can try for 20 minutes and make myself feel stupid for not being able to figure out pressing the gas 5 times when the ignition is in 'accessory mode' a second time), and it will not come up again. The maintenance schedules for it call for oil changes at either 7500 miles or 15000 miles, depending on how it is driven and what filter and oil I use.

If it’s an older vehicle with no warranty to worry about, and you’re confident in not

risking damage to the truck, i would continue to skip them and do as necessary. 

But my car is still under warranty and therefore I wouldn’t personally take the risk even if I could drive for longer. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

If it’s an older vehicle with no warranty to worry about, and you’re confident in not

risking damage to the truck, i would continue to skip them and do as necessary. 

2007, so warrantee is out the window. But also, $25,000 and a truck I'm keeping for quite some time. Perhaps my natural life. It may even become a family heirloom, like what I plan for my Dakota.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 10/12/2017 at 12:14 PM, Statik said:

Agreed. If you're not comfortable enough to be talking and driving, you shouldn't be on the road to begin with.

I've only driven a few times so far. 

It's not that I'm not comfortable with it, I just find it annoying. 

additionally if I let people talk, they'll start telling me how to drive, and what's dangerous and stupid situations like "what would you do if a car was coming the other way in your lane?"

like shut up, I'll fukn move ya dingus

What if the world exploded? 

I know what the lines mean! 

I don't care what 10th of a mile we're on, it's not important! 

11 hours ago, fpo said:

I've only driven a few times so far. 

It's not that I'm not comfortable with it, I just find it annoying. 

additionally if I let people talk, they'll start telling me how to drive, and what's dangerous and stupid situations like "what would you do if a car was coming the other way in your lane?"

like shut up, I'll fukn move ya dingus

What if the world exploded? 

I know what the lines mean! 

I don't care what 10th of a mile we're on, it's not important! 

Backseat drivers are very annoying, but if you’ve only driven 4 times, you’re still learning. That means you should be driving with a competent person who can teach you without being overly aggressive or freaking out all the time. 

This is the same reason why most parents are bad driving teachers. 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Backseat drivers are very annoying, but if you’ve only driven 4 times, you’re still learning. That means you should be driving with a competent person who can teach you without being overly aggressive or freaking out all the time. 

This is the same reason why most parents are bad driving teachers. 

I already took the permit test so I know the rules and stuff. I just have to practice actually doing it. 

3 hours ago, fpo said:

I already took the permit test so I know the rules and stuff. I just have to practice actually doing it. 

Sure but all I’m saying is that you’re still learning. You won’t really ever be done learning, but you’ll still be in the learning phase for at least 2-3 years. 

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

You won’t really ever be done learning, but you’ll still be in the learning phase for at least 2-3 years. 

I can attest to this. Especially road sense, this isn't something that you learn from reading a book. You need a lot of this when driving in Metro Vancouver. xD

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

it really depends on the mood, sometime i really just want to listen to engine sounds

however most of the time its just local radio news or my playlist

On 10/11/2017 at 7:19 AM, fpo said:

When I'm driving I turn off everything and don't let anyone talk, or I pull over. 

I've only driven like 3 or 4 times. I rather be cautious than sorry. I always follow all the laws when driving because cars are expensive, so are tickets, and an accident doesn't need to happen. If I get into an accident it'll waste so much unnecessary time, and money. 

You can't be serious. I mean, I can KIND OF understand where you're coming from as I've only had my license for 6-7 months and back when I was "practicing" for my license exam I would also get anxious when people started talking to me whilst I was driving in busy situations. However, after you've driven for at least 10 hours that should be completely gone. You honestly cannot expect people to not talk when they're in a car.

On topic: I always listen to music in the car, because I'd almost fall asleep otherwise. I usually drive (relatively) long distances because my GF lives 2 hours away.

23 minutes ago, Wano1997 said:

You can't be serious. I mean, I can KIND OF understand where you're coming from as I've only had my license for 6-7 months and back when I was "practicing" for my license exam I would also get anxious when people started talking to me whilst I was driving in busy situations. However, after you've driven for at least 10 hours that should be completely gone. You honestly cannot expect people to not talk when they're in a car.

On topic: I always listen to music in the car, because I'd almost fall asleep otherwise. I usually drive (relatively) long distances because my GF lives 2 hours away.

I've driven less than 10. Also I don't like when people talk. So like it gives me the authority to tell everyone to shhh

6 minutes ago, fpo said:

I've driven less than 10. Also I don't like when people talk. So like it gives me the authority to tell everyone to shhh

Yeah I know, but I'm just saying that your opinion on "talking whilst driving" will change the more you practise. I've also told my dad to shut up a dozen times while we were practising.

Man i drive to much not to have tunes running. I even have a Ipad stand for windshield for when i am in stop and go traffic so i can watch movies off my hard drive. 

26 minutes ago, IczerOne said:

Man i drive to much not to have tunes running. I even have a Ipad stand for windshield for when i am in stop and go traffic so i can watch movies off my hard drive

Uh.. for the sake of all other drivers,

please stop that. 

Thats almost as bad as texting (which is bad, even at a stop light). 

Save the movie for passengers or for when you aren’t driving. 

I dislike driving without music. Boring and tedious. Plus, when I have a CD on and the music turned up, I can't hear the squeaks of suspension. Whatever is wrong on the front right wheel no longer exists when the music is on.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On 10/11/2017 at 12:19 AM, fpo said:

When I'm driving I turn off everything and don't let anyone talk, or I pull over. 

I've only driven like 3 or 4 times. I rather be cautious than sorry. I always follow all the laws when driving because cars are expensive, so are tickets, and an accident doesn't need to happen. If I get into an accident it'll waste so much unnecessary time, and money. 

Better learn to be a defense driver, most crash’s are caused by another person and one that gets killed is the person who obeyed the law and did everything right,

And it’s really not smart just to pull over to talk to someone, being on the side of the road is a hazard even in towns. So many people die from being hit on the side of the road 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

On 10/15/2017 at 4:33 PM, dalekphalm said:

Sure but all I’m saying is that you’re still learning. You won’t really ever be done learning, but you’ll still be in the learning phase for at least 2-3 years. 

On 10/15/2017 at 7:09 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I can attest to this. Especially road sense, this isn't something that you learn from reading a book. You need a lot of this when driving in Metro Vancouver. xD

For sure, I've had my permit since 2015 and I've maybe driven a total of 10-20 miles, it's not that I don't like driving they just never really taught you how to maybe work with any anxiety/nervousness that arises. But I guess an answer that I've come to and that pretty much anyone else would say is do it more. 

I think when I get my permit replaced (I renewed back when it expired in June, but I lost my wallet a couple months ago and I haven't gotten around to take a trip to the DVS (what we call the DMV here lol :dry:)

Just being a passenger in large city driving like in and around the twin cities (MSP/STP) that shit is kinda annoying. No one gets the idea of giving you space and doesn't like to let merging cars in. This was especially bad when my mom and I were going around/through Chicago. We needed to make a lane change to get to a toll plaza but this truck wasn't going to let us in. Fortunately nothing happened but man it was annoying. I just checked to see if the Illinois Tollway actually decided to charge us for that toll that I was pretty sure we missed, yeah they got us lol.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Almost always have music going on in the background except in times I need to concentrate harder (such as when looking for an address, in heavy traffic, listening to my turbo etc.)

On 10/16/2017 at 9:58 AM, fpo said:

You must be fun at parties.

1 hour ago, TopDollar said:

You must be fun at parties.

I know you're joking but.... I don't like parties.