Starting over ... with a real MoBo

Jaxx212

Budge in the budget finely let me order the strix B350 gaming F for my Ryzen 5 1600 . I am not sure if I should just treat this as a new build or not kinda looks as if that is the way of things nothing is staying no drivers nothing so a fresh install all the way around ? Just a few questions the new chipset drivers for ryzen am I going to have to have them to post or just start windows or update from there ? The windows is the other question same hard drive same CPU diff MoBo ... am I making a call to MS or can this be done online . " I really don't like talking to them " everytime I talk to them I turn green and throw shit around ... ! After this not sure witch way to go cooling or upgrade the GPU . Have a really good 1050Ti  ... yeah I know what you are thinking but when I parted this out no way I was paying what they were asking for a graphics card at that time and it's not much better now . This little card has blown me away though. I have never seen the temps over 58 -60c never and I have had it clocked all the way to 2.1 and then some... really I have screen shots ... ;) check this out it's a SSC  " no power connector " ...lol  IKR ??? wut ??? 650w EVGA PSU so I have some room to work as I upgrade just wanted some other ideas other than my own ... the other voices in my head don't speek  geek so ??? yeah there's that . Air cooling is still on the table but its got to be cool ... ;) I do want to say the case ( CoolerMaster MasterBox / white& black ) does not have top mount for RAD without modin it so there is that . Any way that the deal . Any ideas ? 

... lol I guess I should have started with the total fail story of the Tomahawk first ... lol sorry 

I'm trying to get this... hmm. I think I understand the question?

If you're replacing the motherboard, go ahead and do a fresh install of windows if you have nothing major to save that isn't backed up. It will save you any future potential hassle. Everything your new motherboard and CPU need are going to be there. Just worry about getting Windows installed and then when you're done just grab your drivers, such as your graphics card driver.

yeah nothing is staying  I can download the few games I had back to the HHD " storage only" the SSD is where I have the OS and such. Thats my big question really,  windows can I activate it online or am I going to have to call em? The cooling is the other question . Stock cooler is really not bad and there are so many to chose from on both sides water & air ? No lights in the case as of yet either so it's a clean slate at this point . just poking around for ideas I don't want to make another mistake based on budget and have to go back and rebuild again . I have RMAed the MoBo twice now different issues with each board. This one the VRM's must be leaking the "oil " is on the back side of the board this time was on the front on the last one and the RAM issues I never solved ( would only work with one Dimm stick ) @ 2933Mhz but would still crash if I had both sticks in ??? The strix b350 gaming F should cure all of that then I hope to be back on track with this build . finely     

Yeah, you can very easily activate windows online. If you're connected through a wired internet connection while you're installing windows you'll have the opportunity to activate it at the start of you installing windows. 

Ok just got a Bios update from MSI for the Tomahawk the new MoBo will be here 2marrow around 11am est. yay ! anyway just updated and ran some benchmarks Heaven and Cinebench  heaven GPU scores 2309 med. settings card is the SSC 1050 Ti evga stock setting it is clocking 1987 on the core and 3504 on the mem. with a 150 overclock on the core and 200 on the mem. it shows 2126 in heaven and 3704 on the mem. ? overall score was again 2309 with the overclock. I think it was 2189 stock settings. I'm not sure as to how good this is can't find much info on this little card ??? 

The Cinebench score 1279 cpu just reaching the xeon @ 3.8Ghz cpu clock??? with these numbers all looks well till I put the other Dimm stick in and then it will run the CPU test just a little better but crashes on the GPU test ??? I know I am getting ready to swap the MoBo but still just can't stop trying to find a answer to this issues. any ideas what this could be. I know its not the ram or the gpu I have swapped em and still had the same issue till I take out one of the ram sticks and run the system with just 8GB of ram ? 

Better Question : will this issue Migrate with the hardware to the new board ??? or could it ??? being that I still don't know what the heck it is really . I am guessing that it is the board base on other reviews and other's issues .