X370-Gaming K5 BIOS is a barren wastland of nothingness.

Recently bought X370-Gaming K5 from Gigabyte to go with my Ryzen CPU. The previous board I had was the Z170-Gaming K3 which I was relatively happy with so I was confident to continue using Gigabyte.

But! What on earth is going on with the BIOS for this board?! Much fewer general options than in the older K3 (Intel chipset obviously but shouldn't matter) and much less control over overclocking tweaks than I'm used to. Also, the OC I do put in plus a bump in voltage just doesn't seem to register. Every monitoring program still shows stock.

Seriously considering getting the ROG Crosshair Hero.

1 minute ago, akb8812 said:

Recently bought X370-Gaming K5 from Gigabyte to go with my Ryzen CPU. The previous board I had was the Z170-Gaming K3 which I was relatively happy with so I was confident to continue using Gigabyte.

But! What on earth is going on with the BIOS for this board?! Much fewer general options than in the older K3 (Intel chipset obviously but shouldn't matter) and much less control over overclocking tweaks than I'm used to. Also, the OC I do put in plus a bump in voltage just doesn't seem to register. Every monitoring program still shows stock.

Seriously considering getting the ROG Crosshair Hero.

Gigabyte AM4 Boards dont have the best VRM's for overclocking. And the bios is very very basic. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

1 minute ago, Killstreak said:

Gigabyte AM4 Boards dont have the best VRM's for overclocking. And the bios is very very basic. 

So I might be better off in the long run to go with the Asus ROG board? And maybe sell the K5 very well discounted.

Just now, akb8812 said:

So I might be better off in the long run to go with the Asus ROG board? And maybe sell the K5 very well discounted.

I love my Asus PRIME X370-Pro. Although my ram doesnt want to run at full speed all the time ( Can be fixed in bios updates ) The bios is very easy to use and has alot of customization for overclockers. Like my self. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

Just now, akb8812 said:

The CH6 is a magnificent board, you can't really go wrong with it

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

3 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

I love my Asus PRIME X370-Pro. Although my ram doesnt want to run at full speed all the time ( Can be fixed in bios updates ) The bios is very easy to use and has alot of customization for overclockers. Like my self. 

Hmm...I currently only have 2400Mhz RAM but been looking at getting higher speeds so I hope ASUS will release a BIOS that fixes those problems.

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

The CH6 is a magnificent board, you can't really go wrong with it

Great. I might actually just buy it

The only "issue" I see with it is that I have the GA-Gaming G1 1070 card.............and I have massive OCD haha

Alright I did buy it! I do notice however that it has 8+4 EPS connectors but my PSU only has one 8pin connector. It should boot and be just fine with only the 8 pin plugged in right? The Ryzen CPU isn't going much higher than 4Ghz so I don't see why an extra connector would be needed for that kind of OC

Dont buy the Gigabyte garbage.

Asus Strix X370-F or Crosshair

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM