What's the best amount of RAM?

I want to build a PC for a friend, and I wonder how much RAM should I put in, I think he said he will use it for video and picture editing, streaming, and some gaming.

1 minute ago, notawalrus47 said:

I want to build a PC for a friend, and I wonder how much RAM should I put in, I think he said he will use it for video and picture editing, streaming, and some gaming.

16GB of DDR4

I also have some trouble finding a affordable and good power supply. Any help?

Video editing...

Real, professional level video editing, or applying filters on his iPhone video he shot?

This makes a difference. A big one.

The former...64GB or better, the latter, 8-16GB

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

All of it.

I'd go for at least 16GB (24 or 32GB would be better). Use as high capacity DIMMs as possible, that way there's more room for future expansion. (So 1x16GB instead of 2x8GB or 4x4GB)

Check out the EVGA G2 line of power supplies, they're pretty solid and not too expensive.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

He does have a decent camera that he likes to edit. I don't know his current build now.