Eneleeop AAA battery charge time?

I want to know how many minutes or hrs it takes to charge 2 Eneloop AAA batteries (800 mah). Im using some generic charger from years ago. It does support ni-mh charging. Im using it on a pair of Bose qc25.

3 hours ago, G9XFTW said:

I want to know how many minutes or hrs it takes to charge 2 Eneloop AAA batteries (800 mah). Im using some generic charger from years ago. It does support ni-mh charging. Im using it on a pair of Bose qc25.

That depends on the charging current that charger puts out. This datasheet shows that 800mAh eneloops can be charged in about 1.1 hour @ 800mAh (*) : http://eneloop101.com/wp-content/uploads/BK-4MCC-AE.pdf 

(although, check for your exact battery type, there's many eneloops, they might differ).

In all likelihood, most chargers will charge with a much lower current, and thus take much longer.

EDIT:

(*) Yes, duh, a 800mAh cell can be charged in approx. 1 hour using 800mAh - I meant the datasheet implies the cell can safely handle that much charging current.

I have several with a no-name charger from Ritz camera (when they were still around)

Usually takes 3-4 hours

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It depends on what current your charger will charge the battery at. If you control it, more current will charge faster, but may damage the battery if always charged at super high currents. This gets into what is referred to as C. Say you have a battery that's 1 amp hour. If you charge it at 1 amp, you are charging at 1C and it will take about 1 hour. If you charge the same battery at 2 amps, then you are charging at 2C. The same applies for discharging, but that's not relevant right now. A safe charging rate depends on the chemistry of your battery. I charge most of my lithium at 2C, but I don't know what a safe rate is for this chemistry. I would just stick to 1C.

ASU

According to that datasheet: http://eneloop101.com/wp-content/uploads/BK-4MCC-AE.pdf

The batteries are rated for 800mAh provided you charge them at 0.1C (80mAh for 16 hours) , see the 1) footnote.  If you charge with a higher current, the batteries will charge faster but they may not reach that 800mAh of capacity, and they won't last as many charge-discharge cycles as if you'd charge them at lower rate.

At 800mAh, you would almost have to cool them with a fan, as I suspect they'll get quite hot.

If you want them to last for a long time, you shouldn't charge them at current higher than 250 mAh, maybe 400 mAh and even that it would be too much for me.

With around 250mAh, you'd get the batteries charged in around 3-5 hours.

22 hours ago, mariushm said:

At 800mAh, you would almost have to cool them with a fan, as I suspect they'll get quite hot.

AAA Eneloops charged at 800 mA don't get hot. (While using 0ΔV cut off)