Apparently AMD is starting to sell 8 core R5 CPUs.......... in Korea

Mr_Troll

I made an account just to post in this thread. I actually have a Ryzen 5 1600 with 8 cores and 16 threads. I got it from a local PC shop in Australia. It runs the clock speeds of the R5 1600 at 3.2ghz with 65w TDP so it is actually above a 1700. So they are real and they are out there. A5D992C0-B67A-4FEC-B620-78725E17FDC6.thumb.jpeg.a74503e26340f448bb8c5c3bd081a536.jpeg

D0D94B59-C061-422D-9333-BA5B3ACB36A5.jpeg

3 hours ago, FireOath said:

I made an account just to post in this thread. I actually have a Ryzen 5 1600 with 8 cores and 16 threads. I got it from a local PC shop in Australia. It runs the clock speeds of the R5 1600 at 3.2ghz with 65w TDP so it is actually above a 1700. So they are real and they are out there. A5D992C0-B67A-4FEC-B620-78725E17FDC6.thumb.jpeg.a74503e26340f448bb8c5c3bd081a536.jpeg

D0D94B59-C061-422D-9333-BA5B3ACB36A5.jpeg

I got one too :) .. nice little surprise wasn’t it?

8 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

I got one too :) .. nice little surprise wasn’t it?

Bonus for sure. 

On 10/3/2017 at 2:21 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

hmmm makes me think of AM3 a bit, maybe you can flash some batches or all chips even to unlock more cores like you could with that. you can do it on Vega in a few cases so they havent moved on from their way of disableing cores yet it seems, but thats RTG and not the CPU divission so they could differ

Wait..... No one told me this I had a Am3 setup for years 

On 10/3/2017 at 7:53 PM, Misanthrope said:

Nah I have a better hot take: Koreans buy 8700k that only has 4 core 8 threads!

Isn't that a 6700k?

On 10/4/2017 at 6:21 AM, Type 2501 said:

This could turn out to be a good marketing move by accident, by putting 1 winner chip in maybe 1000. It become a real silicone lottery that everyone would want to buy a R5 now (as if they have a lot of them available for sale now). It also draw attention from people waiting for coffee lake. 

Honestly, will you built your system now, and not wait for coffee lake (or zen2) if you know,you got a change to win a R7 in a price of an R5?

Waiting for zen2 8c

On 10/4/2017 at 7:03 AM, Type 2501 said:

So you guys can just return any product with no fault on its own in the US?

Cause it is not how things goes in Asia. Once you open the box, a product replacement will be accepted only if you can prove the cpu is dead on arrival and you did nothing wrong to break it. (and no money back)

This not apply in India (#sorry for bad English) 

Just now, Scitesh said:

Wait..... No one told me this I had a Am3 setup for years 

how is this thread still active? anyway Phenoms and Athlon SKUs could often be unlocked to more cores with just some BIOS trickery

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 11/7/2017 at 5:33 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

how is this thread still active? …

I don't have a clue. 

Anyway, I did bough a cheap system back in the Athlon days, no luck for me getting a four core out of the price of two.

• 3 weeks later...

i bought my ryzen 1 month ago in germany and it has 8 cores 16 threads 

taskmanager.png

On 10/3/2017 at 5:07 AM, Trik'Stari said:

Meanwhile: Intel is overcharging for things AMD is giving away free, and refusing to support their own ecosystem because moar money.

Intel and nvidia ahould be good friends, they share the same shitty buisness practices

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, huilun02 said:

Must be some magical crates if it can also cause the microcode to report itself as an R5

batch of cpus marked for r5 and is flashed with the microcode, if some r7 found their way I to that batch they would just be flashed as r5.

seems a plausible why for this to happen no? 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, huilun02 said:

Must be some magical crates if it can also cause the microcode to report itself as an R5

batch of cpus marked for r5 and is flashed with the microcode, if some r7 found their way I to that batch they would just be flashed as r5.

seems a plausible why for this to happen no? 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 hours ago, Thermosman said:

Intel and nvidia ahould be good friends, they share the same shitty buisness practices

Remind me again how AMD sold an overclocked FX8320 (which launched at $170 before the 9590) for $900?

AMD is no better than Intel or Nvidia; AMD just fucked up recently and is trying to bring itself back into the picture.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 hours ago, Thermosman said:

And yet somehow Intel is contracting AMD to make their GPU stuff.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs