Advice for a gaming pc build

12 minutes ago, aleksfacco said:

I actually like that build a lot, but I am wary on the cpu side, since (correctly if I'm wrong) at least right now I've read that CPU clock speed is still better than number of cores (also, I saw the i5-7600k on amazon for just $199, and that's only $5 more than the Ryzan, assuming motherboard prices are similar between amd and intel

Just wait for coffelake regardless. You will likely come up with 2 builds based on how the reviews come out. One being the 8600k and one being the r5 1600. The 8700k will likely be better in high refresh rate gaming but that either requires a very nice gpu or a very easy to run game like cs:go. The r5 1600 will likely be cheaper and have a very good value especially when combined with a b350 motherboard and using the stock cooler it comes with. I would say both have their merit but it really depends on what you want to do with your computer. What games do you plan on primarily playing? Or what types of games might be a better question.

I play a mix of newer and older games. For older games I play stuff like FS9, Battlefront 2, Empire at War, SimCity 4 (all with lots of mods). For newer games, probably the most graphically intensive stuff I use (on my Macbook mainly) are Cities Skylines, Wargame Red Dragon, Star Wars TOR, and Stellaris (although that's more to do with me not wanting to play something my computer can barely run at 5fps, I would like to get into some more graphically intensive games like Just cause 3, Battlefront 2 (the new one), etc.)

Intel i7-8700K | GTX-1070Ti | LG 34UC80-B | 32GB DDR4-2400 | Corsair SPEC-03 | WD Black 256GB M.2 SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB 7200RPM HDD | ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac | Corsair TX550M | Cryorig H7 | Logitech G15 & G500S | Windows 10 Home & OSX 10.13

Thank you for all the help from everyone though!

Intel i7-8700K | GTX-1070Ti | LG 34UC80-B | 32GB DDR4-2400 | Corsair SPEC-03 | WD Black 256GB M.2 SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB 7200RPM HDD | ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac | Corsair TX550M | Cryorig H7 | Logitech G15 & G500S | Windows 10 Home & OSX 10.13