MSI Motherboards RMA?

Kush
Go to solution Solved by AndyCapets,

This guy is wrong, it's a great motherboard, he just wants to sell you something more expensive.

ASrock cards are way worse than MSI IMO, they're not bad, but it does not match the MSI IMO.

hey guys, I was at my local store asking to buy the z87 g45 gaming (seemed popular all over the internet). The salesman warned me that this board has lots of problems with customers having to rma. He recommend I buy the slightly more expensive Asrock z87 Fatality Killer.
He said the msi board could take 2 months to rma? Is it true?

PS: Should I get the Asrock board? Is it better than The MSI?  

This guy is wrong, it's a great motherboard, he just wants to sell you something more expensive.

ASrock cards are way worse than MSI IMO, they're not bad, but it does not match the MSI IMO.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

MSI used to derp a lot with their boards so some people still remember that and think badly of them.. But they are good atm.

Asrock have been going extremely strong to make up for older faults, i've used the extreme 4 since the Z77 came out, and now are using the extreme 4 mATX

again, i love msi as well, but i just like the aesthetics of the extreme series.

TL;DR

He is talking out of his ass.

Completely agree with this

I agree to this as well. MSI makes some of the best quality motherboards. Mine randomly stopped working, and msi had me back on my feet in no time. Read the second page on my thread that I made about mine breaking down, it has the details about how fast msi fixed the problem for me.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/37525-computer-will-not-boot/page-2

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

I personally have z87 g45 in my system and I can recommend it to you, only issue I ever had with it was that xmp profile was crashing and causing BSOD at 1600mhz,  solution to the problem: bios update from 1.0 to 1.3 aaaand done.

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

They're both solid boards. You should just get whichever is cheaper.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I agree to this as well. MSI makes some of the best quality motherboards. Mine randomly stopped working, and msi had me back on my feet in no time. Read the second page on my thread that I made about mine breaking down, it has the details about how fast msi fixed the problem for me.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/37525-computer-will-not-boot/page-2

So buying the z87 g45?

So buying the z87 g45?

I recommend the z87 g45, but personally, I'm sticking to my z77a-dg55 until broadwell, which by then Ill be getting that generations gd65 gaming or the m power. When a manufacturer takes good care of you when your parts break down, it causes you to lean toward them, knowing there will be no questions asked, fast replacement, unlike the dreaded asus rma department.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

I recommend the z87 g45, but personally, I'm sticking to my z77a-dg55 until broadwell, which by then Ill be getting that generations gd65 gaming or the m power. When a manufacturer takes good care of you when your parts break down, it causes you to lean toward them, knowing there will be no questions asked, fast replacement, unlike the dreaded asus rma department.

Sorry! Completely got you confused with the OP!

I agree though, I won't be changing my z77 mpower for a long time :)

Alright thanks for the quick reply guys. I guess I will go msi route. I know that since haswell gets really hot I had my doubts after seeing the pics ( attachments). Slightly hotter VRM does not make much real world difference?

post-42209-0-72513300-1386151759_thumb.j

Alright thanks for the quick reply guys. I guess I will go msi route. I know that since haswell gets really hot I had my doubts after seeing the pics ( attachments). Slightly hotter VRM does not make much real world difference?

That's irrelevant. You only need to worry about temps if the board starts to melt, and if it's halfway through on max load then you have nothing to worry about.

Both boards have all the necessary bells and whistles to make a good machine. i'd personally go MSI since they're known for making good shizzle, but Asrock have never done anything wrong.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

on haswell the VRM is onboard the cpu so it makes no real world differnece

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

The sales man is talking out his ass.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount