Crytek : We're Evaluating Mantle...

Gcn vs cuda doesn't make sense unless you're trying to compare the HD7000/Rx200 and GTX200 cards lol.

It should be more like GCN vs Kepler.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Well crytek needs to license their engine so if there is a performance boost it's only logical they adopt it to make their engine more appealing to other devs. Chris Roberts will not do anything if crytek doesn't add support, doubt he will go that deep, he has a game to build.

He has already said that it WILL support mantle,  but crytek says they are evaluating it. 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

It should be more like GCN vs Kepler.

That's just the code name for Nvidia’s current CUDA compute architecture...

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

That's just the code name for Nvidia’s current CUDA compute architecture...

Then why not just say GCN vs Kepler anyway? Its not like Tesla is even gonna compete with GCN. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

No news site that I'm aware of has reported this, so this is "breaking" news so to speak.

Always tune in to LinusTechTips for the latest !

LMG really need to make that mock-up they showed off a little while ago for a landing page for the forum a reality.

• 3 weeks later...

well if it is as DICE explains it like a Module you can insert into your engine once its done for Star Citizen the work to put it in other games using the same engine would be minimal

I've missed that in my research, can you please reference this to me where did you hear it, thanks a lot.

(I'm an OP for some big mantle threads out there ...)

EDIT: This video here, where is the full video, please, i need to see the full asap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHdqmzSU-bo

EDIT2: NEVER MIND - IM BLIND - because I was all super panicked lol, it's "the future of gaming" from the OP. Ah i thought it was about mantle ... i'll look it anyways to catch if there's anything

Still, did that "mantle as a module" came from this video ?

I've missed that in my research, can you please reference this to me where did you hear it, thanks a lot.

(I'm an OP for some big mantle threads out there ...)

EDIT: This video here, where is the full video, please, i need to see the full asap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHdqmzSU-bo

EDIT2: NEVER MIND - IM BLIND - because I was all super panicked lol, it's "the future of gaming" from the OP. Ah i thought it was about mantle ... i'll look it anyways to catch if there's anything

Still, did that "mantle as a module" came from this video ?

Nvidia press day, with Sweeney, Carmack and Anderson on stage answering questions

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

There are some problems with Mantle.
Mantle allows more Draw Calls, but no Dev will make a game that uses more Draw Calls, because of the to small user base so you will never see a big benefit.
As long as it's GCN only we won't see anything special from Mantle just like with PhysX.

Nvidia and AMD need to get together in Software side to just crush the Ps4/XboxOne.
They could do that if PhysX/Mantle/G-sync/TressFX would be PC only instead of Nvidia and AMD only.

RTX2070OC 

Interesting... But its almost the end of December and me not being a BF4 guy... Did Mantle get its release for BF4 yet anyone know? I'd like to know if it did, what were the improvements before getting into if this is really good or not.

I really hope Nvidia will follow with a technology like this :S

i don't :|.. that would kill the whole point of mantle. I hope they adobt this technology instead. If nvidia came up with their own and then intel did and AMD already will have mantle, devs will be forced to choose between too many different ones :P

I think people really need to stop hyping up Star Citizen. Just because it is being made by a good dev team and it looks pretty doesn't mean it's going to be a good game. To be honest the model at the moment of being able to buy ships early is slightly pay to win. When the dogfighting module comes we will all get to see what the game will actually be like. There are tons of games that are all hyped up that never end up being very good. Star CItizen could be really good though we just have to wait and see.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I think people really need to stop hyping up Star Citizen. Just because it is being made by a good dev team and it looks pretty doesn't mean it's going to be a good game. To be honest the model at the moment of being able to buy ships early is slightly pay to win. When the dogfighting module comes we will all get to see what the game will actually be like. There are tons of games that are all hyped up that never end up being very good. Star CItizen could be really good though we just have to wait and see.

lol, tell that to Linus & Luke.

I think Nvidia has its own low level API

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvapi

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Interesting... But its almost the end of December and me not being a BF4 guy... Did Mantle get its release for BF4 yet anyone know? I'd like to know if it did, what were the improvements before getting into if this is really good or not.

No it still isnt released for BF4

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

i don't :|.. that would kill the whole point of mantle. I hope they adobt this technology instead. If nvidia came up with their own and then intel did and AMD already will have mantle, devs will be forced to choose between too many different ones :P

BUT NVIDIA NEEDS TO BE BETTAH! JAJAJAJAJAJA

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

That's what I kind of meant haha, I just said it wrong :P I just hope they won't stay like "hey all buy gsync monitor, we have this technology".

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Star Citizen is looooooong gone from CryEngine 3, they are modifying EVERYTHING to their use, they've already commited to using completely different netcode and material rendering. CryEngine 3 is just the foundation, and all of its guts is being dragged out and replaced by CIG.

Star Citizen will be just as recognizable to CryEngine 3 as Skyrim was to the Morrowind GameBryo engine.

By this point, Star Citizen's engine and CryEngine don't have many matching modules left, if any at all, and CIG can very easily incorporate Mantle without Crytek having to do it, as Crytek has nothing to do with CiG.

Crytek are probably just going to make sure that Mantle has a use to them, and unlike other developers research its effect on AMD cards before committing to implementing it.

Which probably means they won't be using it :>

There are videos of Crytek coming over to CIG to help them out. I know for sure in one of the Hangar updates that they do a head camera tour and he even said "Those are some Crytek guys helping us out with the engine and teaching us what we really need to know." I can't remember what episode it was. So obviously some of cryengine still exists if Crytek is helping CIG with learning the engine

There are videos of Crytek coming over to CIG to help them out. I know for sure in one of the Hangar updates that they do a head camera tour and he even said "Those are some Crytek guys helping us out with the engine and teaching us what we really need to know." I can't remember what episode it was. So obviously some of cryengine still exists if Crytek is helping CIG with learning the engine

This is not new information, however the distinction is that they ended up being hired/ 'loaned' by CiG and are now employees of CiG, not Crytek, at least until Crytek has a use for them again.

That said, that has very little to do with the point I was making. Regardless of Crytek people being involved in the process, the Star Citizen CryEngine derivative is lightyears different to the Crysis 3 one by now. The physically based material rendering, custom netcode and their very interesting streaming/ instancing system being only the most profiled changes.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This is not new information, however the distinction is that they ended up being hired/ 'loaned' by CiG and are now employees of CiG, not Crytek, at least until Crytek has a use for them again.

That said, that has very little to do with the point I was making. Regardless of Crytek people being involved in the process, the Star Citizen CryEngine derivative is lightyears different to the Crysis 3 one by now. The physically based material rendering, custom netcode and their very interesting streaming/ instancing system being only the most profiled changes.

Star Citizen is not Cryengine 3 based it's CRYENGINE based, which is the latest iteration of the engine where Crytek completely dropped the numbering scheme.

The best thing about Mantle and people using it is that it shows MS that they need to make their Directx better and easier. While Mantle directly helps Develops and AMD cards it indirectly helps EVERYONE. What also could happen is Nvidia also giving a pathway around Directx with their own or with Nvidia GPUs with support for mantle.

Star Citizen is not Cryengine 3 based it's CRYENGINE based, which is the latest iteration of the engine where Crytek completely dropped the numbering scheme.

Um, yes. That's what I said. Read again please.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

So another game company using Mantle, which is unproven and never had a game release yet with it included (And in fact the one update to a game is behind schedule), this is pretty much just interesting. Its neat to know they are doing it, but beyond that... I mean, when is it that people will stand up and say "Show us Mantle in games we can play right now, you're just blowing air up my skirt with this."