Need opinion on the monitors AOC . Please advice.

keavlar

Hello guys. 

I am interested to buy my self a monitor, with bigger resolution as well and screen size.

I am in such a debate with my self to buy a 34 inch monitor , with 100 hz . Or 27inch  144hz . Both from ASUS .  Now i found that there are new monitors, from AOC that are have a good stats, Or that is what i think . 

I would appreciate you opinion on the next monitors, and which is better to buy . 

Gaming 144 hz AOC 31.5 inch

35 inch gaming AOC monitor

Asus 27 inch gaming

34 inch gaming asus monitor

My interest for the monitor, for gaming, movies, codding. 

I have GTX 1070 MSI Gaming X 8G.

I have a second sided monitor , 24 inch dell ultrasharp, which I use a secondary. 

I can buy all of the monitors above, but I can't decide.  Which one is suit me better. 

I mean , the juice from the GPU for the monitor. 

My mane games are Heroes of the Storm , BF4 , BF1 , Overwatch . And who knows, what are the future games will be. 

I will appreciate your opinion on this one. 

Thx 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

41 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Hello guys. 

I am interested to buy my self a monitor, with bigger resolution as well and screen size.

I am in such a debate with my self to buy a 34 inch monitor , with 100 hz . Or 27inch  144hz . Both from ASUS .  Now i found that there are new monitors, from AOC that are have a good stats, Or that is what i think . 

I would appreciate you opinion on the next monitors, and which is better to buy . 

Gaming 144 hz AOC 31.5 inch

35 inch gaming AOC monitor

Asus 27 inch gaming

34 inch gaming asus monitor

My interest for the monitor, for gaming, movies, codding. 

I have GTX 1070 MSI Gaming X 8G.

I have a second sided monitor , 24 inch dell ultrasharp, which I use a secondary. 

I can buy all of the monitors above, but I can't decide.  Which one is suit me better. 

I mean , the juice from the GPU for the monitor. 

My mane games are Heroes of the Storm , BF4 , BF1 , Overwatch . And who knows, what are the future games will be. 

I will appreciate your opinion on this one. 

Thx 

Either of the ASUS. 
If you want screen, the ultrawide, if you want hz, the 27 inch. 

I don't know AOC that well, but ASUS has a great reputation when it comes to their monitors

Just now, GoldForest said:

Either of the ASUS. 
If you want screen, the ultrawide, if you want hz, the 27 inch. 

I don't know AOC that well, but ASUS has a great reputation when it comes to their monitors

OO God , why is it so hard to choose???

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

1 minute ago, keavlar said:

OO God , why is it so hard to choose???

Here's a simple question:
Which do you want more? FPS or screen size?

1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

Now the only question is: Could you get both(for a good price)?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Depends for what. This is my problem . 

I do wanna have a high FPS while gaming. 

But when working, watching movies, i want to have a bigger screen. 

So i actually was thinking, that i need to buy a 27 inch 144 hz monitor, and in future 4 k , 40-50 inch tv for movies. 

Just now, simonbyrial said:

Now the only question is: Could you get both(for a good price)?

Forget about price, as I mentioned, I can buy any of them. But I don't want to buy something that I don't really need. 

I do like the Ultra wide, but then again, i am not that a Hard Core gamer, to play all day long, but i do , waste most of the time on the Computer ., 

If it for coding, gaming , movies. 

Just now, keavlar said:

Depends for what. This is my problem . 

I do wanna have a high FPS while gaming. 

But when working, watching movies, i want to have a bigger screen. 

So i actually was thinking, that i need to buy a 27 inch 144 hz monitor, and in future 4 k , 40-50 inch tv for movies. 

I wouldn't waste your money on a TV if you're going to watch movies at your computer desk, which I would actually suggest. 
The problem with watching movies on a ultrawide is that they don't fit. It would be like watching movies on a 27 inch screen anyway, because of the black bars on the left and right. 

I wouldn't waste your money on a TV if you're going to watch movies at your computer desk, which I would actually suggest. 
The problem with watching movies on a ultrawide is that they don't fit. It would be like watching movies on a 27 inch screen anyway, because of the black bars on the left and right. 

About the Tv. 

It depends on where the TV and Couch are placed. Cause basically i can just move the chair from table, and sit on the couch . 

About the movies on ultra wide. Latelly there are movies, with 21:9 , like "Fate of fast and furious " which actully can look awsome, btu there is always a possibility , that the movie will have black bars on the side. 

Save goes with 16:9 , on 27 inch , it can have top and bottom black bars. 

So , this is all in my debate .. 

I do not wanna buy something, and then be disappointed. 

If i get 27 inch , latter i will want bigger monitor.

If i buy the 34 ultrawide, i will regret , as the 1070 will not be enough for some of the games . 

4 minutes ago, keavlar said:

I do not wanna buy something, and then be disappointed. 

If i get 27 inch , latter i will want bigger monitor.

If i buy the 34 ultrawide, i will regret , as the 1070 will not be enough for some of the games . 

I have a 1080 and the same Ultrawide you're wanting to buy. I have no problem getting above the 100 FPS in most games, including Hitman. The only game that will lag in FPS department for me, is GTA V, but that's just a GPU intensive game anyway. 

Everyone is coming out with new Ultrawides next year. If you can wait, I say do so. There's 200hz ultrawides on the way and even 144(166OC'd) ultrawides. But if you need a monitor RIGHT NOW, then go with the Ultrawide. You can turn down the settings in games to get above the 100fps limit

I have a 1080 and the same Ultrawide you're wanting to buy. I have no problem getting above the 100 FPS in most games, including Hitman. The only game that will lag in FPS department for me, is GTA V, but that's just a GPU intensive game anyway. 

Everyone is coming out with new Ultrawides this year. If you can wait, I say do so. There's 200hz ultrawides on the way and even 144(166OC'd) ultrawides. But if you need a monitor RIGHT NOW, then go with the Ultrawide. You can turn down the settings in games to get above the 100fps limit

When you say, that if I can wait, then i should do it.  For saving money, or a better monitor?

When you say, that if I can wait, then i should do it.  For saving money, or a better monitor?

By the way. The only difference between the monitors is the 20 cm more for the ultrawide. But basically, same resolution. 

Just now, keavlar said:

Better monitor. Like I said, there's 200hz Ultrawides coming out sometime in 2018.

And whether you want to wait or not is up to you. If you're not bad at impulse buying, then wait. But if you're one of those I need it now, the Ultrawide. 

By the way. The only difference between the monitors is the 20 cm more for the ultrawide. But basically, same resolution. 

And actually, there's a lot more difference. The Ultrawide and the 27 inch are the same height exactly, but the UW is like 6 to 8 inches wider. And no, they're not the same resolution at all. UW 3440 x 1440, 27 2560 x 1440. That's nearly a 1000 pixel difference.