Did I lose the silicon lottery?

Hi, everyone. I have a question. On cinebench r15, when I run the full cpu multithread test, my temps are high, as shown below in the picture. Are they too high? I have re applied an Arctic Silver 5, and am using the Stock Intel cooler (for 6th gen tho). I am planning to buy a delidding tool, some coollaboratory liquid ultra, and delid my cpu and then overclock it. Will there be any difference in temps, after delidding?

Also, I forgot to mention, my ambient temps are 28C. 

Thank you for your time. :)

dsa.png

Just now, Fardin said:

buy a better cooler, not delid too :o 

yeah, that can happen too. But I REALLY want to know, if delidding will help. I'm not worried about destroying my cpu tbh :3.

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

stock intel cooler will always reach peak temp in fullstress /. stresstests

Are you sure? Maybe I shouldn't order the delidding tool? I still have doubts tho. If an owner of this cpu can confirm some questions, that will be of great help.

7 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

Hi, everyone. I have a question. On cinebench r15, when I run the full cpu multithread test, my temps are high, as shown below in the picture. Are they too high? I have re applied an Arctic Silver 5, and am using the Stock Intel cooler (for 6th gen tho). I am planning to buy a delidding tool, some coollaboratory liquid ultra, and delid my cpu and then overclock it. Will there be any difference in temps, after delidding?

Also, I forgot to mention, my ambient temps are 28C. 

Thank you for your time. :)

dsa.png

Why is your 4790k not overclocked?

Just now, scighera2 said:

Why is your 4790k not overclocked?

Because, my temps go high. How much further can I go? :3 .-.

Also, I have turned off Turbo boost in my bios settings

2 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

Are you sure? Maybe I shouldn't order the delidding tool? I still have doubts tho. If an owner of this cpu can confirm some questions, that will be of great help.

delidding will have no effect at all if u use a cooler that has already reached its peak performance even without delidding, it is why linus chose to delid on a stock intel cooler ,because he knows if he would use a proper high end cooler it would make a huge difference and he doesnt want to motivate ppl to delid their chips ( coz its a high chance of fking smt up too )

delid is only worthy if ur cooler has enough capacity to take the extra heat transfer

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Shehroz Khan said:

yeah, that can happen too. But I REALLY want to know, if delidding will help. I'm not worried about destroying my cpu tbh :3.

those stress/benchmark test are worst case scenario, normally wouldn't go that high while gaming. also intel's cooler is garbage. you should get a good cooler first. & use hwmonitor for checking temp. 

Just now, Shehroz Khan said:

Because, my temps go high. How much further can I go? :3 .-.

Get a better cooler, why are you using a stock cooler with an i7 anyways?

short said, u just need to get urself a good cooler before even thinking about delidding , with a noctua nh-d15 or somthing u can start thinking about delidding ( dont even think about it with a h80i  ,  h100i+ or noctua nh-d15 will benefit from delidding

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

delidding will have no effect at all if u use a cooler that has already reached its peak performance even without delidding, it is why linus chose to delid on a stock intel cooler ,because he knows if he would use a proper high end cooler it would make a huge difference and he doesnt want to motivate ppl to delid their chips ( coz its a high chance of fking smt up too )

delid is only worthy if ur cooler has enough capacity to take the extra heat transfer

Right, thank you for the reply :)

1 minute ago, Fardin said:

those stress/benchmark test are worst case scenario, normally wouldn't go that high while gaming. also intel's cooler is garbage. you should get a good cooler first. & use hwmonitor for checking temp. 

Alright, all of you are telling me to go for a new cooler. Maybe i should do that

1 minute ago, Shehroz Khan said:

Right, thank you for the reply :)

am just suprised ur on a stock intel cooler in the firstplace tho xD

i7 cant be cooled by that thing , its just for low load usage why they included it

^^ lol ( internettin n stuff )

intel should refuse to send coolers with a i7 ( way better for the consumer ) so their forced to atleast buy a pretty decent cooler P;  if u have money for i7, no money for a cooler? wtf ^^

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Fardin said:

In some games, eg Watch dogs 2, my cpu temps go up to 95C, and sometimes more :3

Alright, all of you are telling me to go for a new cooler. Maybe i should do that

Yeah, considering you posted the exact same question back in August, and people told you the exact same thing back then...

You gonna come back in a month asking why your temps are high again?

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

short said, u just need to get urself a good cooler before even thinking about delidding , with a noctua nh-d15 or somthing u can start thinking about delidding ( dont even think about it with a h80i  ,  h100i+ or noctua nh-d15 will benefit from delidding

How about a 212 evo?

Yeah, considering you posted the exact same question back in August, and people told you the exact same thing back then...

You gonna come back in a month asking why your temps are high again?

Yes because some people also told me to delid my cpu. They said that my voltages are fine, and people in that topic said that there may be something wrong with my voltages.
I already knew to upgrade my cpu cooler

Yes because some people also told me to delid my cpu. They said that my voltages are fine, and people in that topic said that there may be something wrong with my voltages.
I already knew to upgrade my cpu cooler

Well I personally recommend the Corsair H100i V2. It's a closed loop watercooler and it will lower your temps by a lot.

Well I personally recommend the Corsair H100i V2. It's a closed loop watercooler and it will lower your temps by a lot.

Right, I guess I wont order the tool

How about a 212 evo?

not a good one in your case. get good cooler like noctua D 15, cryroig  r1 ultimate/universal , be quiet dark rock 3 etc .if you like aio, get atleast 240-280mm radiator. 

2 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

How about a 212 evo?

If you were to buy a cooler, How much would you want to spend? USD 

Give us a price and we can recommend better coolers.  Please upgrade, stock coolers aren't meant to be used longterm.

3 minutes ago, bsancken said:

If you were to buy a cooler, How much would you want to spend? USD 

Give us a price and we can recommend better coolers.  Please upgrade, stock coolers aren't meant to be used longterm.

I'm still confused. Everyone is just saying to upgrade my stock cooler?

Why does Intel even send a stock cooler, if you cant use it on stock clock speeds?

Does Everyone upgrade their cooler, even for using their cpus at stock speeds?

Also, I'd say around $40 budget for the cooler

7 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

How about a 212 evo?

crap and u wont gain much from that in my opinion, especially not with an i7... ive had that cooler and it couldnt even cool a friggen phenom 2 x4 965 on stock ... :P lol

(◑‿◐)