Did I lose the silicon lottery?

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

crap and u wont gain much from that in my opinion, especially not with an i7... ive had that cooler and it couldnt even cool a friggen phenom 2 x4 965 on stock ... :P lol

Right. I'll research a little and see what cooler to use. Don't want to break the bank though.

1 minute ago, Shehroz Khan said:

Right. I'll research a little and see what cooler to use. Don't want to break the bank though.

80-120$ is going to be ur range either way

save money or deal with a stock i7 :P a stock i7 is beter then a i5 oc anyway

(◑‿◐)

8 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

80-120$ is going to be ur range either way

save money or deal with a stock i7 :P a stock i7 is beter then a i5 oc anyway

So basically, what you guys are saying, is, my temps are totally normal? For a stock cooler? I'd be relieved if they are

28 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

yeah, that can happen too. But I REALLY want to know, if delidding will help. I'm not worried about destroying my cpu tbh :3.

it won't 4790k was a refresh of 4770k specifically to fix the TMI problems your temps are high because of crap cooler nothing else

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

12 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

i got to 4.6 ~ 4.7 on a 212 EVO and used a watercooler AIO to get mine to 4.8

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

4 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

i got to 4.6 ~ 4.7 on a 212 EVO and used a watercooler AIO to get mine to 4.8

Well. Thanks for the replies and the help.

40 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

So basically, what you guys are saying, is, my temps are totally normal? For a stock cooler? I'd be relieved if they are

Yes they are normal for a stock intel cooler.

49 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

Don't buy a cooler that's too cheap. Make sure to get a cooler that is both useful and inexpensive.

30 minutes ago, scighera2 said:

Don't buy a cooler that's too cheap. Make sure to get a cooler that is both useful and inexpensive.

Alright. I think a corsair hydro h90 looks good.

1 minute ago, Shehroz Khan said:

Alright. I think a corsair hydro h90 looks good.

no don''t get a 120 or 140mm AIO, get a nice air cooler or get a dual 120 or 140mm AIO

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

4 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

no don''t get a 120 or 140mm AIO, get a nice air cooler or get a dual 120 or 140mm AIO

Any specific options you have in mind? 

2 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

Any specific options you have in mind? 

noctua's large air coolers are good, h7, the corsiar h1-- series. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

am just suprised ur on a stock intel cooler in the firstplace tho xD

i7 cant be cooled by that thing , its just for low load usage why they included it

^^ lol ( internettin n stuff )

intel should refuse to send coolers with a i7 ( way better for the consumer ) so their forced to atleast buy a pretty decent cooler P;  if u have money for i7, no money for a cooler? wtf ^^

Yeah its not exactly like that. My father had this for 3 years. Now he upgraded to a 7th gen and gave me this cpu(and mobo and ram). It's not that i DONT have money for a cooler. I will buy one, now, for sure

He's using his cooler on the 7th gen now.

2 hours ago, Shehroz Khan said:

Hi, everyone. I have a question. On cinebench r15, when I run the full cpu multithread test, my temps are high, as shown below in the picture. Are they too high? I have re applied an Arctic Silver 5, and am using the Stock Intel cooler (for 6th gen tho). I am planning to buy a delidding tool, some coollaboratory liquid ultra, and delid my cpu and then overclock it. Will there be any difference in temps, after delidding?

Also, I forgot to mention, my ambient temps are 28C. 

Thank you for your time. :)

dsa.png

Owned the same CPU i'm pretty sure that processor is the reason why Intel doesn't pack stock coolers in their K based CPU's haha

16 minutes ago, jdwii said:

Owned the same CPU i'm pretty sure that processor is the reason why Intel doesn't pack stock coolers in their K based CPU's haha

So you had similiar temps too? On stock cooler?

4 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

So you had similiar temps too? On stock cooler?

Yes i did and i'm guessing you are using Prime95 right? Well that uses AVX instructions that put unrealistic loads to your system instead use XTU with my 4790K i was able to get a 4.7ghz OC at 1.225V on my Kraken X61. 

On the stock cooler you will see those temps under AVX loads but under gaming or other things you will see a good 20C less on 80-90% loads. 

Get an aftermarket cooler i once had a 212+ on my 4790K and at stock those same AVX loads topped out at 82C 

12 minutes ago, jdwii said:

Yes i did and i'm guessing you are using Prime95 right? Well that uses AVX instructions that put unrealistic loads to your system instead use XTU with my 4790K i was able to get a 4.7ghz OC at 1.225V on my Kraken X61. 

On the stock cooler you will see those temps under AVX loads but under gaming or other things you will see a good 20C less on 80-90% loads. 

Get an aftermarket cooler i once had a 212+ on my 4790K and at stock those same AVX loads topped out at 82C 

I'm actually using cinebench r15

As you said, i heard that prime 95 isn't a realistic test and the instructions it uses aren't used by most applications anyways

2 hours ago, Shehroz Khan said:

Hi, everyone. I have a question. On cinebench r15, when I run the full cpu multithread test, my temps are high, as shown below in the picture. Are they too high? I have re applied an Arctic Silver 5, and am using the Stock Intel cooler (for 6th gen tho). I am planning to buy a delidding tool, some coollaboratory liquid ultra, and delid my cpu and then overclock it. Will there be any difference in temps, after delidding?

Also, I forgot to mention, my ambient temps are 28C. 

Thank you for your time. :)

dsa.png

4790k owner here,

getting a delid tool and some coollaboratory liquid ultra will NOT do you any good while using the stock intel cooler.

you can still do the whole delid thing after you get a better cooler if you want to push the cpu.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

8 minutes ago, Shehroz Khan said:

I'm actually using cinebench r15

As you said, i heard that prime 95 isn't a realistic test and the instructions it uses aren't used by most applications anyways

Ok well i actually never monitored temps in R15 when i had my 4790K on the stock cooler but i did monitor it with Prime and ADIA64 and under stress tests it hit 94-95C on all cores meaning throttling buying a 212+ fixed it and i even could OC to 4.4ghz when i got my Kraken X61 i was able to do 4.7ghz. 

All i'm saying is its normal and buy an after market cooler Intel should have never even bundled a cooler with that processor