Network requirements for Moonlight streaming over internet!

Saajii

Hey All! Right off the bat I want to mention I am new to this forum so please bear with me. I only have 1 desktop PC that is capable of playing games (Intel i3 4170 + Asus Strix 1060 6GB) but I am in a situation currently where I have 2 living 'residences". I also have a Chromebook C302 and I am interested in using Moonlight to stream games onto my Chromebook using the Android App. My intention is to keep the desktop at 1 place and use the Chromebook for my productivity and streaming using Moonlight for gaming. The location where the PC will be located has a download and upload speed of 120Mpbs/8-10Mpbs respectively. The location where I will primarily use the Chromebook has a download speed of 17Mbps and an upload speed of about 2Mbps. Will these speeds be sufficient to play Overwatch @ 1080p60?  Note: The distance between the 2 locations according to Google Maps is about 65km if that is relevant!

Nope, even streaming on local wifi doesn't seem to work well so I doubt going over the internet would work well, and the added latency would make a game like Overwatch basically unplayable anyways.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

@Theguywhobea What requirements in terms of internet speed would be ideal for this? I heard people playing Overwatch semi-long distances have a great experience provided they have good internet speeds!

4 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

Nope, even streaming on local wifi doesn't seem to work well so I doubt going over the internet would work well, and the added latency would make a game like Overwatch basically unplayable anyways.

Works fine for me, you might be bottleneck by your access point/switch. 

Really depends on your ISP routing methods. The download//upload speed might not be enough for 1080p at 60 fps, you would need at least 35mpbs. As example you would need at least 35mpbs to stream to twitch smoothly. You might able to do 720p 30fps, also if you household is using the network you will have delay. 

The distance doesn't really matter, it all depends on your ISP routing, you should do a ping test/speed test between this two location. Or you could just test it out. 

Magical Pineapples