What will I Need for a Proper Video Game Streaming Setup?

SolidRedIron

I know that I will need a microphone, and a webcam, but I want to know how much RAM I'll need, how many threads or cores I should have and which graphics card should I get?

16-32GB RAM, at least 8 threads, preferably 16, and the GPU doesn't do directly with the streaming, it just has to be able to play the games you want at whatever resolution you want to play.

You need a stable and quite fast internet connection too. Dual monitors are also great for streaming.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If it gives you an idea of what you need, I can stream and play CS:GO on my system just fine (specs in signature).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Depends on what results you want to achieve. Streaming is actually really easy with fairly low requirements.

1) A computer that can run the game without streaming.

2) Either an Intel processor with a motherboard that supports video out, AND/OR an Nvidia GPU.

3) A good Internet connection

4) OBS with the encoder set to either QuickSync or NVENC depending on your hardware. Don't forget to set the bit rate to something appropriate either.

And that's it.

There aren't really any requirements for RAM or CPU cores thanks to hardware accelerated encoding.

Well, what exactly are you looking for?

If you were doing Twitch at 720p30, a GPU with either NVENC or VCE (depending on what GPU you own) would suffice, but say even if you went for 720p60 streaming, then you would likely want to look into a CPU to handle that.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

internet connected is the most portent in this area. Have at less 60down and 4up. up to 16bgigs ram 2400hz, CPU i7, Geforce 960 or higher but if your going to stream like BF1 or destiny on the PC on the new video games coming out get a Geforce 1070 or higher. 

but if your going to stream on a console then just 8gigs of ram, CPU i5 770 geforce gtx should be good. just for streaming. but your number one thing is internet.

for the webcam that's up to you. I just do YouTube videos for my channel with out a webcam but you do need a good gaming headset. Just get a headset that you really like, don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on it unless you have the money. astroa40's or elite pro turtle beach would be good.

If you like me to help you out of picing what computer parts or buying one. message me back if you want me to help you out. thanks ;)

7 minutes ago, Snipetrocity said:

If you like me to help you out of picing what computer parts or buying one. message me back if you want me to help you out. thanks ;)

So can I use a Ryzen CPU instead, like the R5 1500x, will that be good enough? Do I have to stream on 16gbs, it cost a bit too much in my budget so will 8 gigabytes suffice or I will have to go with 16gbs?

17 minutes ago, SolidRedIron said:

So can I use a Ryzen CPU instead, like the R5 1500x, will that be good enough? Do I have to stream on 16gbs, it cost a bit too much in my budget so will 8 gigabytes suffice or I will have to go with 16gbs?

yep if your getting the Ryzen R5 1500x that's good, i have the i7-6700k 4.00, the Ryzen is just under that on benchmarks so the Ryzen R5 1500x is fine. Just for streaming, 8gigs is good. 8 gigs will be fine.

What internet connection you have and the speed? do a speed test to see.

27 minutes ago, Snipetrocity said:

yep if your getting the Ryzen R5 1500x that's good, i have the i7-6700k 4.00, the Ryzen is just under that on benchmarks so the Ryzen R5 1500x is fine. Just for streaming, 8gigs is good. 8 gigs will be fine.

What internet connection you have and the speed? do a speed test to see.

Well my wireless connection right now is pretty slow, 16ms PING, 31.58Mbps download, and 18.23 Mbps upload with only me using it, so imagine how low it gets when all 5 family members are using it at the same time.  So I plan to get a powerline adapter to improve it, will it be good enough?

Just now, SolidRedIron said:

Well my wireless connection right now is pretty slow, 16ms PING, 31.58Mbps download, and 18.23 Mbps upload with only me using it, so imagine how low it gets when all 5 family members are using it at the same time.  So I plan to get a powerline adapter to improve it, will it be good enough?

Will the TP-Link AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 200Mbps (TL-PA2010KIT) suffice?

the internet connection should be fine but i need to read up on the Will the TP-Link AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit. If it some sort of wifi then it will slow you down.

Invest in an ethernet connection. It's more reliable than Wifi, which is fairly important for streaming.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

17 hours ago, Snipetrocity said:

the internet connection should be fine but i need to read up on the Will the TP-Link AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit. If it some sort of wifi then it will slow you down.

Have you checked into it yet?

5 hours ago, SolidRedIron said:

Have you checked into it yet?

I seen some videos on the TP-Link AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit and I seen some people use it play stream and play there play stations on it. It should work. Just keep the receipt just encase you don't like it but try to get Ethernet connection treat to it but if you have a super old home with bad wiring will be a problem, if not then the TP-Link AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit you best option bud.

here a video on jayztwocents so you have a sence on what jay thinks.

Powerline is very hit and miss in my experience. For some it works fine, and for some it barely works at all. It is very dependent on how your house is wired.

18 hours ago, Snipetrocity said:

I seen some videos on the TP-Link AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit and I seen some people use it play stream and play there play stations on it. It should work. Just keep the receipt just encase you don't like it but try to get Ethernet connection treat to it but if you have a super old home with bad wiring will be a problem, if not then the TP-Link AV200 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit you best option bud.

here a video on jayztwocents so you have a sense on what jay thinks.

Okay, thank you for your help :) ; sorry for the late response it's just the time zones you know.

3 hours ago, SolidRedIron said:

Okay, thank you for your help :) ; sorry for the late response it's just the time zones you know.

it's all good dude. me aswell, beeen working over time and creating youtube videos for my channel is crazy.

On 9/24/2017 at 1:02 AM, SolidRedIron said:

I have 25 down and ONE up....

18mb's up should be more than enough in my mind

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25