Need help

Galette

Hi, i am building my first computer and i have an issue with the GPU alimentation.

IMG_1608.thumb.jpg.0afe7f07645ab0735df0184a73d2e47b.jpgIMG_1609.thumb.jpg.1ba7ff652599637bfc9f822604cf504f.jpg

the only one who go in is the double one.

So how?

What power supply do you have? and what GPU? you can't make 3 from 2, so you're either going to need a new PSU, or a different GPU

Please quote me if you are replying so that I get a notification. Also, mark my answer as "correct" if I've answered your question :)

1 minute ago, nsinnott said:

What power supply do you have? and what GPU? you can't make 3 from 2, so you're either going to need a new PSU, or a different GPU

It's a HX 1000i from corsair

The GPU is MSI 1080 ti lighnting Z

Just now, Galette said:

It's a HX 1000 from corsair

The GPU is MSI 1080 ti lighnting Z

Oh, that PSU has plenty of connectors for that... look in the box for additional cables

Please quote me if you are replying so that I get a notification. Also, mark my answer as "correct" if I've answered your question :)

Yes i got 4 cable like that

But how? :D

2 cable with 2 and 1 connected or 3 cable with 1 connected?

Just now, Galette said:

Oh, look for the small clip on the side of the +2 part (the part that is dangling off the side with 2 pins) and slide it into the 6pin part. do that for each of the connectors and plug them into the GPU

1 minute ago, nsinnott said:

Oh, look for the small clip on the side of the +2 part (the part that is dangling off the side with 2 pins) and slide it into the 6pin part. do that for each of the connectors and plug them into the GPU

my problem is that theyr are double at the end.  i use 3 cable or 2?

2 minutes ago, Galette said:

you would probably be better off using 2 with 2 and 1, just for cable management, although either way would work. sorry for my misunderstanding, I'm assuming English isn't your first language?

Just now, nsinnott said:

you would probably be better off using 2 with 2 and 1, just for cable management, although either way would work. sorry for my misunderstanding, I'm assuming English isn't your first language?

obviously ;D

Just now, Galette said:

obviously ;D

it's no problem, I was just having a hard time understanding your question at first. have I answered your question sufficiently?

Just now, nsinnott said:

it's no problem, I was just having a hard time understanding your question at first. have I answered your question sufficiently?

don't know o still dont finish the build, i hope everything not gona burn ... ;s

You'll have to have all three connectors plugged into the power supply.

10 minutes ago, Galette said:

Sorry, I don't know what you're trying to say. Could you try rephrasing it? Or maybe type it in French and try using google translate.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

You'll have to have all three connectors plugged into the power supply.

Sorry, I don't know what you're trying to say. Could you try rephrasing it? Or maybe type it in French and try using google translate.

My problem is that the end of my cable is double. So I wonder how to plug it in. to know if I have to put 3 in the power supply and thus to connect 3 on the graphics card or to connect only 2? (ie by putting 2 heads and then 1 on the remaining head)

5 minutes ago, Galette said:

don't know o still dont finish the build, i hope everything not gona burn ... ;s

Reply in French if thats easier... I can read it very well

Just now, Galette said:

My problem is that the end of my cable is double. So I wonder how to plug it in. to know if I have to put 3 in the power supply and thus to connect 3 on the graphics card or to connect only 2? (ie by putting 2 heads and then 1 on the remaining head)

If the connectors have 2 PCIe power connectors on them (which they do), you can use just 2 cables and 3 connectors

Si les connecteurs disposent de 2 connecteurs d'alimentation PCIe (ils le font), vous pouvez utiliser 2 câbles et 3 connecteurs

10 minutes ago, Galette said:

I think I know what you're trying to say?

Are you saying you have a cable that branches into two pcie cables, and you're wondering if you can plug in both those since they're from the same cable?

The answer is yes. Plug in those two plugs that branch from one plug and then use another cable to plug in the third.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Galette said:

I do 1 and 2 or 2 and 1?

and thank you guys <3

I would use 2 cables, each with 2 connectors for a total of 4 connectors, and only use 3 of the connectors so you have one extra connector

J'utiliserais 2 câbles, chacun avec 2 connecteurs pour un total de 4 connecteurs, et n'utilisais que 3 des connecteurs afin d'avoir un connecteur supplémentaire

Just now, nsinnott said:

I would use 2 cables, each with 2 connectors for a total of 4 connectors, and only use 3 of the connectors so you have one extra connector

J'utiliserais 2 câbles, chacun avec 2 connecteurs pour un total de 4 connecteurs, et n'utilisais que 3 des connecteurs afin d'avoir un connecteur supplémentaire

j'ai compris, la question était juste au niveau des connecteurs s'il y avait une quelconque influence au niveau des branchements. c'est à dire si je mets les 2 au débuts puis 1 à la fin ou alors si je faisais 1 au début puis 2 à la fin.

2 minutes ago, Galette said:

j'ai compris, la question était juste au niveau des connecteurs s'il y avait une quelconque influence au niveau des branchements. c'est à dire si je mets les 2 au débuts puis 1 à la fin ou alors si je faisais 1 au début puis 2 à la fin.

Peu importe, la source d'alimentation la manipulera

my French is a little bad, sorry

Just now, nsinnott said:

Peu importe, la source d'alimentation la manipulera

my French is a little bad, sorry

my english is worst ^^

Just now, Galette said:

my english is worst ^^

ne vous inquiétez pas, nous avons compris à la fin :)

avez-vous d'autres questions?

Just now, nsinnott said:

ne vous inquiétez pas, nous avons compris à la fin :)

avez-vous d'autres questions?

tout est bon merci beaucoup :)

1 minute ago, Galette said:

tout est bon merci beaucoup :)

mon plaisir. bonne chance!

20 minutes ago, Galette said:

I do 1 and 2 or 2 and 1?

and thank you guys <3

Doesn't matter :P 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler