Ram and Black screen

JohnTheDawn

I recently Got a new 16gig ddr4 ram stick, everytime i turn on the computer, the computer powers up but it gives me no signal, its just a black screen. Anyways of fixing this?

2 minutes ago, JohnTheDawn said:

I recently Got a new 16gig ddr4 ram stick, everytime i turn on the computer, the computer powers up but it gives me no signal, its just a black screen. Anyways of fixing this?

Clear the CMOS 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

Just now, JohnTheDawn said:

how do you do that?

Take out the little battery with the PSU Switched off and unplugged. Then Put it back in at 15Seconds and switch everything back on. It will clear all your motherboard settings though. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

how do you do that?

Remove the silver button cell battery on the motherboard, wait for 10 seconds, then put it back in.

Edit: Dangit @Killstreak you beat me...

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 minute ago, thegreengamers said:

Remove the silver button cell battery on the motherboard, wait for 10 seconds, then put it back in.

Lmao. 

27 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Lmao. 

28 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

didnt work

19 minutes ago, JohnTheDawn said:

didnt work

Try taking the ram out and putting it back in again; I've had systems give no response before, just because the ram wasn't seated properly.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC:

the thing is, i have an 8 gig stick and i tried doing it with that and it worked just fine, but for some reason when i install the 16 gigs it doesnt boot.  I tried it with the 8gig and without 

1 minute ago, thegreengamers said:

Try taking the ram out and putting it back in again; I've had systems give no response before, just because the ram wasn't seated properly.

the system turns on but no signal, just black screen

the thing is, i have an 8 gig stick and i tried doing it with that and it worked just fine, but for some reason when i install the 16 gigs it doesnt boot.  I tried it with the 8gig and without 

You might be able to put the ram sticks in different slots,  if you have a 4-dimm board. There is a slight possibility that the one of the slots is dead, and of course, one of the ram sticks may be dead. Do you have any other computers that would accept the ram?

the system turns on but no signal, just black screen

Try reseating the graphics card, putting in a different card, putting it in a different pcie slot, or use a different video output port.

That's pretty much all I can think of...

Daily Driver:

Gaming PC: