Rapid Clicking/Ticking Noise from the Power Supply?

Scionyde

I built my PC a few months ago, and I've been noticing that when I run something graphically intensive, I hear a rapid clicking noise. If I exit the program or do something ingame like open a map/window that doesn't involve any 3D objects it stops instantly. If I get a sudden drop in framerate, the clicking slows down directly, and ramps back up when the framerate increases. 

I'm pretty sure it's not the GPU fan(GTX 780), because I've manually played with the fan speeds outside of the game, and I don't hear anything. The intake fan of my power supply (Corsair HX750) is pointed down toward my case's dust filter. I've turned my case on its side and started up the game, and I'm relatively certain it's coming from my PSU. 

What's concerning me, however, is that I don't think it's my PSU's fan. When I start up the game, the PSU fan doesn't start spinning for the first 10 seconds or so, and yet the clicking sound has already started. 

So far this has only been a sound issue, and I haven't noticed any other problems. But should I be looking at getting a different PSU?

Corsair PSU's had always this problem for me.

If it annoys you, get another one.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Some tend to make noises when they are under small amounts of load, try doing something really extensive and see if the noise goes away.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I have the same card, and I had the same issue with 2 different PSUs (one Corsair, and one Cooler Master) until I bought the one in my sig. It has been perfect, and completely silent. I would recommend to anyone 10/10.

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

Hmmm, interesting. I don't have a huge problem with the sound, since I mostly play with headphones on anyway. I was just concerned that there something wrong with my power supply. But if it's nothing major, I'll just deal with it. I don't think I'd be able to RMA it at this point anyway, since I already submitted the mail-in rebate lol

Mine has a faint sound when under slight load i guess the fan is being undervolted i dont enen notice it any more enles im listening for it.

I have the same card, and I had the same issue with 2 different PSUs (one Corsair, and one Cooler Master) until I bought the one in my sig. It has been perfect, and completely silent. I would recommend to anyone 10/10.

Gotta love dem Seasonics.