Installing Fedora as VirtualBox Guest

Am trying to install a Fedora26-GNOME iso in VirtualBox on my relatively new Windows 10 machine and keep running into this obnoxious boot error:

boot_image = vmlinuz crashed

At this point I am not evening getting that warning anymore, just a blank black screen in the VB Guest window. What is further annoying is that the Fedora26-Cinnamon spin seems to work just fine in VirtualBox, as do the latest versions of OpenSUSE, Scientific Linux and some Ubuntu spins. So I don't think it is specifically VirtualBox nor the Linux Kernel being shipped with Fedora26. But I don't know enough about the guts of linux distros to diagnose it further than that.

11 minutes ago, mtwest said:

Am trying to install a Fedora26-GNOME iso in VirtualBox on my relatively new Windows 10 machine and keep running into this obnoxious boot error:

At this point I am not evening getting that warning anymore, just a blank black screen in the VB Guest window. What is further annoying is that the Fedora26-Cinnamon spin seems to work just fine in VirtualBox, as do the latest versions of OpenSUSE, Scientific Linux and some Ubuntu spins. So I don't think it is specifically VirtualBox nor the Linux Kernel being shipped with Fedora26. But I don't know enough about the guts of linux distros to diagnose it further than that.

Do you have Virtualization enabled on your CPU? 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

4 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Do you have Virtualization enabled on your CPU? 

Given that I have 4 other working virtualizations available on the machine, one from Fedora & another one running Gnome, I'd say that the CPU has that functionality enabled. Though I don't exactly recall needing to go into the BIOS to enable it as part of the VirtualBox instructions. Maybe certain spins of Fedora are particularly finicky but that feels unlikely.

7 minutes ago, mtwest said:

Given that I have 4 other working virtualizations available on the machine, one from Fedora & another one running Gnome, I'd say that the CPU has that functionality enabled. Though I don't exactly recall needing to go into the BIOS to enable it as part of the VirtualBox instructions. Maybe certain spins of Fedora are particularly finicky but that feels unlikely.

I would double check.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Just now, mtwest said:

Maybe you have a bad ISO? 

42 minutes ago, mtwest said:

cool

99% of linux live cd issues can be resolved by performing a checksum check on the downloaded iso.

I prefer to download by torrent as torrent clients have builtin verification.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

17 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

99% of linux live cd issues can be resolved by performing a checksum check on the downloaded iso.

I prefer to download by torrent as torrent clients have builtin verification.

Following this https://fedoramagazine.org/verify-fedora-iso-file/, each of the three .iso files is marked as OK. There are some warnings which may indicate problems but sha256 CHECKSUMs check out. So yeah... has anyone else had the same problem, ala installing recent Fedora versions?