PC loud while gaming

sniip
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
6 hours ago, sniip said:

Actually the case has holes for a side fan but the problem is that CPU cooler blocks the way for it. I could cut one hole out a bit more on the side but the end result would look very terrible

Might i then suggest cases with open airflow?

At the 45euro range, Fractal Design Focus G https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XQ5JSRR/?tag=pcp05-21 (link is for the german Amazon, wasnt sure if there was a lithuanian one, so I just chose the closest country on PCPartPicker to  you)

At 99 euro theres a few options

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG 

Fractal Design Define C TG

be quiet! Pure Base 600

These three are fairly solid choices for airflow, and last two are good for even "extra" noise reduction

Hi guys, a while ago I noticed that my graphics card get's really hot and starts using 90% of fan speed (I have RX480 8GB MSI gaming X variant). If I take off a side panel of my PC it get's 20C cooler and also fans almost stop spinning making it absolutely silent (what I was trying to reach for a while). Maybe you guys can recommend a good case which would cool my graphics card and be as quiet as possible (Full ATX case would be needed). Also that wouldn't cost a kidney to buy... :/   

what fans do you have in your case? what case do you have?

clearly a case of inadequate airflow, needs more intake and more exhaust, only need a new case if you can't add more fans

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

460X is good and comes with many rgb fans. 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

is the airflow on that good?

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

1 minute ago, Shiv78 said:

is the airflow on that good?

Yeah, it's less restrictive than the R5 actually.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, ringo said:

what fans do you have in your case? what case do you have?

I have some zalman case, don't really know the model since it's more than 7 years old and was probably orientated towards a workstation PC. I have one exhaust fan and one intake. Both are 120mm zalman fans (once again don't know the model since it came with the case)

51 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Yeah that is a nice case but it's a bit too expensive for me :/ In my country it costs more than 150 euro.

26 minutes ago, sniip said:

I have some zalman case, don't really know the model since it's more than 7 years old and was probably orientated towards a workstation PC. I have one exhaust fan and one intake. Both are 120mm zalman fans (once again don't know the model since it came with the case)

Look between these:

- Be quiet silent base 600 (800) - quiter than define r5 but has bad support for water cooling

- Define R5 - doesn`t have upper filter. I have it - in some cases HDD will cause vibrations 

- Define R4

- Corsair Carbide Quiet 400Q - no 5.25 drives

- Thermaltake f31 - very good copy of define r5

For really silent case you need silent PSU, silent fans and HDD out of the case. This depends of how silent do you want.

20 hours ago, ringo said:

Look between these:

- Be quiet silent base 600 (800) - quiter than define r5 but has bad support for water cooling

- Define R5 - doesn`t have upper filter. I have it - in some cases HDD will cause vibrations 

- Define R4

For really silent case you need silent PSU, silent fans and HDD out of the case. This depends of how silent do you want.

I already have a Be Quiet 600W PSU and a Be Quiet Pure rock CPU cooler. That added up a lot to make PC silent. Also the graphics card is silent as well but the issue is the case. It has pretty much no airflow. I'm not looking to water cool my PC (at least for now) so there is no problem if the case has no space for it. I won't be using a DVD drive so 5.25 slots are not needed.  Also preferably i'd like to have another intake from the bottom so I could deliver air straight to the graphics card.  

Thank for suggestions :) 

20 hours ago, ringo said:

Look between these:

- Define R4

I really like the corsair 400Q but also would like to have a side panel in case of RGB :D I found a very familiar Corsair 400C that looks identical except it has a side windows and says it's a bit louder. I wonder by how much is it louder and if it's worth looking at. 

3 hours ago, sniip said:

I really like the corsair 400Q but also would like to have a side panel in case of RGB :D I found a very familiar Corsair 400C that looks identical except it has a side windows and says it's a bit louder. I wonder by how much is it louder and if it's worth looking at. 

I don`t know is that Corsair C- version have sound isolation, check it somewhere. If you want ultimate case (silent - good airflow) you can always buy Bequiet 900 pro (true beastxD).

Define r5 or thermaltake f31 have version with windows.

On the other had if you want superb airflow - good water support - not so silent -  look for some cases of Phanteks.

My advice, if silent is not ultimate important to you you should buy a case that has good filters. When I bought mine case I was very excited, I admired my case every day but in the end it all comes down to the filters.

12 hours ago, ringo said:

I don`t know is that Corsair C- version have sound isolation, check it somewhere. If you want ultimate case (silent - good airflow) you can always buy Bequiet 900 pro (true beastxD).

Define r5 or thermaltake f31 have version with windows.

On the other had if you want superb airflow - good water support - not so silent -  look for some cases of Phanteks.

My advice, if silent is not ultimate important to you you should buy a case that has good filters. When I bought mine case I was very excited, I admired my case every day but in the end it all comes down to the filters.

Well I believe my components are quite quiet on their own. If I keep the side panel off (like I do now) my PC is very silent even while gaming. Probably something like corsair 400C if it has good airflow should be enough unless its case fans are mini jet engines :D 

4 hours ago, sniip said:

Well I believe my components are quite quiet on their own. If I keep the side panel off (like I do now) my PC is very silent even while gaming. Probably something like corsair 400C if it has good airflow should be enough unless its case fans are mini jet engines :D 

look also for Corsair 600q and 600C. They have inverse design:o

If the noise levels are acceptable for you with the side panel open and you're concerned about price, honestly you can just get a relatively cheap case full of holes and mesh and have it thermally and acoustically act closer to an open-air setup. No need for proper sound dampening.

Also it's possible a side fan might be what you need.

I don't suppose you have the tools to mod some new fan slot mounts on the old case? You could probably just add a side intake fan and everything would work.

I should recomend NZXT s340 elite.. I don't know how loud is compare the others, but it has a awesome air flow (And you can change the fans to bequiet silent wings, you can build in 4 120 mm fans) I have this case, and one thing surprised me (It should ha in the others too, I don't know) that it comes with a molex connector I mean the 2 fans wich are built in the case, need one connector on the power suply. And in my opinion it looks much cooler than the others :D

If there's that big of a difference between open and closed case, that's a pretty obvious sign that you have inadequate airflow. In fact, a well designed case with properly set-up fans should generally give you slightly better cooling than an open case due to proper airflow eliminating dead air zones and reducing insulating dust buildup.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

16 hours ago, loculus said:

If the noise levels are acceptable for you with the side panel open and you're concerned about price, honestly you can just get a relatively cheap case full of holes and mesh and have it thermally and acoustically act closer to an open-air setup. No need for proper sound dampening.

Also it's possible a side fan might be what you need.

I don't suppose you have the tools to mod some new fan slot mounts on the old case? You could probably just add a side intake fan and everything would work.

Actually the case has holes for a side fan but the problem is that CPU cooler blocks the way for it. I could cut one hole out a bit more on the side but the end result would look very terrible

6 hours ago, sniip said:

At the 45euro range, Fractal Design Focus G https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XQ5JSRR/?tag=pcp05-21 (link is for the german Amazon, wasnt sure if there was a lithuanian one, so I just chose the closest country on PCPartPicker to  you)

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG 

be quiet! Pure Base 600

These three are fairly solid choices for airflow, and last two are good for even "extra" noise reduction

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG 

be quiet! Pure Base 600

I will probably go with Fractal Design Define C TG. It costs 90 euros at my local shop and it looks best of them all. If it has good airflow but fans will be noisy I'll just swap them for be quiet ones later on. :) thanks for help!