Sleek and sexy Linux distor that is somewhat easy to use

Go to solution Solved by LtStaffel,

You aren't differentiating between distributions and desktop environments. Get Ubuntu and then look into desktop environments, find one you like the looks of, then find a tutorial of how to install, then come back here and mark my answer as best and give me a thumbs up to inflate my ego by that much more.

Im looking for a Linux distro that is somewhat easy to use, first time I use it, but it doesnt necessarily have to be the easiest. I want it to be sleek, beautiful and pretty minimalistic and customizable. If its not too much to ask post a picture or a build of the distro aswell so that I can see for myself how it looks, because I have no idea what many of them looks like. Thanks!

Just now, Himommies said:

Ubuntu?

When I search for it on pictures there are so many different versions of it, some that I like and some that I dont, so I dont know which version that is what

2 minutes ago, Surpuppa said:

Im looking for a Linux distro that is somewhat easy to use,

ubuntu

first time I use it, but it doesnt necessarily have to be the easiest. I want it to be sleek, beautiful and pretty minimalistic

gnome 3.*

and customizable.

rip xD 

maybe kde or XFCE?

If its not too much to ask post a picture or a build of the distro aswell so that I can see for myself how it looks, because I have no idea what many of them looks like. Thanks!

The number of possible themes make that kinda pointless tbh

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Surpuppa said:

When I search for it on pictures there are so many different versions of it, some that I like and some that I dont, so I dont know which version that is what

Ubuntu Gnome is my personal preference for Ubuntu.

Linux is just one of those things where it's more fun to try everything though.

1 minute ago, Surpuppa said:

what do you mean thy all look the same?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ubuntu&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjvw_zqyKrWAhUhzIMKHW58B1wQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=638&dpr=1

My life

You aren't differentiating between distributions and desktop environments. Get Ubuntu and then look into desktop environments, find one you like the looks of, then find a tutorial of how to install, then come back here and mark my answer as best and give me a thumbs up to inflate my ego by that much more.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Have you looked at Linux Mint? Its based on Ubuntu LTS which is based on debian. There is an ocean of Desktop enviroments and the customizations are virtually endless. Look at above posts for better advice.

P.S. (Call me weird but I just don't like Gnome 3 much.)

9 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

Done and done :)

2 minutes ago, tjcater said:

WEIRD!

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

1 minute ago, tjcater said:

That's not weird at all, when I first saw it I wept for the death of gnome 2.* wondering how anyone could have thought it was a good idea, but after using it a bit more, I've come to really like the look of it, and I think (so long s you have a real mouse... I wouldn't want to deal with it on a laptop) its design lends itself to doing lots of things at once in a way that's easy to keep clean and organized without feeling overloaded.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's not weird at all, when I first saw it I wept for the death of gnome 2.* wondering how anyone could have thought it was a good idea, but after using it a bit more, I've come to really like the look of it, and I think (so long s you have a real mouse... I wouldn't want to deal with it on a laptop) its design lends itself to doing lots of things at once in a way that's easy to keep clean and organized without feeling overloaded.

Perhaps if I had spent more time with it, I would feel the same way. I just don't intend to do that as I don't use Linux enough to try and get used to it over other environments (When testing Ubuntu, my heart hurt when I learned Unity was being phased out just after that became one of the few environments I was used too...)

3 hours ago, tjcater said:

Nope, you're not weird. I don't like it either. I've got to install a lot of extensions to make it good and at that point I might as well switch to another DE.

3 hours ago, tjcater said:

When testing Ubuntu, my heart hurt when I learned Unity was being phased out just after that became one of the few environments I was used too...

Yeah, I'm disappointed too. At least Canonical is including some extensions in the default installation to make GNOME 3 feel more like Unity. If you want Unity, Ubuntu MATE has a layout preset called Mutiny that does a good job of recreating Unity. You can also get pretty far with a customized KDE.

I think Linux Mint (KDE, Cinnamon or MATE) or Ubuntu MATE are good places to start.

On 16.9.2017 at 10:39 PM, Surpuppa said:

I want it to be sleek, beautiful and pretty minimalistic and customizable.

Tried BSD?

Write in C.