Second build for me

DriZyo
Go to solution Solved by comicsansms,
3 minutes ago, DriZyo said:

I know but in corsair website say, Hx it better for gaming quality. 

That's just marketing garbage, and it doesn't say that, it says "designed for gaming rigs", which just means their target audience is gamers, which stands for a lot of their product line.

The HX is the better PSUs out of the HX and TXM line, but that doesn't mean you should get that in particular. I would get the TX550M and a larger SSD or something. The HX will electrically preform better, but that has no impact in your gaming experience, and the TXM is already very good electrically.

Honestly, do what you want, it doesn't matter that much.

In my list now is Phanteks Evo Pro and Corsair Hx 750 . It is good quality?

good quality, but what about the price?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

8 hours ago, Necrodor21 said:

corsair hx750 is good quality

but phanteks is decent coz the material

what did u mean with decent? i dont understand.

8 hours ago, Sage_Masters said:

what system you running with the HX 750?

system? the video card? gtx 1070.

2 hours ago, DriZyo said:

what did u mean with decent? i dont understand.

system? the video card? gtx 1070.

You don't need 750W for a single GTX 1070. Get a TX550M and save yourself a bunch of money.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

9 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

You don't need 750W for a single GTX 1070. Get a TX550M and save yourself a bunch of money.

3 minutes ago, DriZyo said:

That's just marketing garbage, and it doesn't say that, it says "designed for gaming rigs", which just means their target audience is gamers, which stands for a lot of their product line.

The HX is the better PSUs out of the HX and TXM line, but that doesn't mean you should get that in particular. I would get the TX550M and a larger SSD or something. The HX will electrically preform better, but that has no impact in your gaming experience, and the TXM is already very good electrically.

23 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Just i know the Gold Series is enough for good quality? Are the Bronze and Silver Series worst?

1 minute ago, DriZyo said:

Just i know the Gold Series is enough for good quality? Are the Bronze and Silver Series worst?

I think you don't understand what the 80plus certifications mean.

80plus is a measure of efficiency, which is one of the metrics that can measure of a PSU.

However, the 80plus certification might be an easy metric to look at on paper, it also isn't a good indicator on how good the PSU is.

I would much prefer to have the 80plus Bronze Certified Corsair Vengence, than the 80plus Gold Certified FSP Aurum, because the Vengence is just flat out better.

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I think you don't understand what the 80plus certifications mean.

80plus is a measure of efficiency, which is one of the metrics that can measure of a PSU.

However, the 80plus certification might be an easy metric to look at on paper, it also isn't a good indicator on how good the PSU is.

I would much prefer to have the 80plus Bronze Certified Corsair Vengence, than the 80plus Gold Certified FSP Aurum, because the Vengence is just flat out better.

Alright now i understand it. So if i take Corsair TX-M 80+Gold 650w it good?

22 minutes ago, DriZyo said:

Alright now i understand it. So if i take Corsair TX-M 80+Gold 650w it good?

I'd get the 550W unit. You don't need 650W, that is extra money that isn't worth being spent IMO.

1 hour ago, DriZyo said:

The HX is just better in terms of quality and performance which don't appreciably affect gaming performance unless you're comparing it to a garbage unit that will catch fire or struggle to output power to your GPU. The TX550M is a very good unit and you'll see no difference for your system.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||