GRID Beta app for nVidia Shield

Hi, I just got the latest update for my nVidia Shield.  It contains a beta version of GRID.  This is the technology which allows that fancy virtualization of GPU and can allow streaming.

Here is a video I recorded.  It should be noted that I am on the east coast, and the data center is on the west coast.  Despite the long distance, my ping is still a pretty decent 69 ms, which is over the app's recommended 40 ms.  And even with that much latency, I must personally admit that it appears to be perfectly fine for a game like Darksiders 2.  Though, it is probably too much latency for a twitch shooter like BF4 or arcade fighting like Street Fighter 4.

Note: these games are fully playable, and they do not belong to my Steam library.  Let's also keep in mind that even if you witness a slight bit of latency, I am remotely streaming a game across the country and over the Internet and Wifi, and it is incredibly playable.

Gonna try it tonight!

The legend has spoke!

are you going to make a video on it? ;))

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

looks cool. i have a shield in the mail. hopefully it gets here tomorrow so i can try this out. Im on the west coast so i wonder what the latency. will be like here

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Here is some actual gameplay rather than me just pressing on some buttons:

I must say, the gameplay is more than adequate in terms of latency.

Hi, I just got the latest update for my nVidia Shield.  It contains a beta version of GRID.  This is the technology which allows that fancy virtualization of GPU and can allow streaming.

Here is a video I recorded.  It should be noted that I am on the east coast, and the data center is on the west coast.  Despite the long distance, my ping is still a pretty decent 69 ms, which is over the app's recommended 40 ms.  And even with that much latency, I must personally admit that it appears to be perfectly fine for a game like Darksiders 2.  Though, it is probably too much latency for a twitch shooter like BF4 or arcade fighting like Street Fighter 4.

Note: these games are fully playable, and they do not belong to my Steam library.  Let's also keep in mind that even if you witness a slight bit of latency, I am remotely streaming a game across the country and over the Internet and Wifi, and it is incredibly playable.

This just made an nvidia shield something i might buy.....

Waiting for the next gen nvidia shield

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Gonna try it tonight!

Let us know if it works in console mode too.. That would be great! Especially when the Ethernet adapter is released.. 1080p yo the TV!?!

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

It works in console mode but the streaming only sends you a 720p video stream, sadly.

And not too bad with recording, I much prefer internal recording like my own ->