Xfx send my money back instead of replacing my gpu

trelamenos
Go to solution Solved by tp95112,

Yes they can because no one makes 380 anymore. 

I send my 1,5 year old xfx gpu r9 380 with warranty to xfx through the store i bought it because i thought it was causing my pc to freeze and after 3 month's they said it was problematic and they couldn't fix it so they send my money back instead of another gpu. Can they do that?

P.s. my gpu wasn't the problem after all as i found out afterwards.

Yeah.

actually, that's much better because now you can buy a new GPU instead of getting a 2 year old GPU.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, tp95112 said:

Yes they can because no one makes 380 anymore. 

Damn it, and all the gpu's prices now have gone through the roof.

I don't know where you are from, but that sounds about right and very fair.

In Australia, if a fault occurs, you can either get (up to the retailer or manufacturer) a replacement (of that particular product or an equivalent specced product), repair or refund (real money, not instore credit). 

If it is a major fault, you can get either (up to the retailer or manufacture) a replacement or a refund.

A major fault is a fault that would have caused you (the "average" consumer, not the retailer or manufacturer) to not by the particular product if it was known that it was there

7 minutes ago, trelamenos said:

Damn it, and all the gpu's prices now have gone through the roof.

You can get a GTX 1060 3GB for $195 US, which is much faster than a R9 380. Why are you complaining?

I'd be well pleased if that happened to me.. you got approx 2 years worth of gaming or whatever and still get a full refund. You can now buy whatever you like.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

5 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I don't know where you are from, but that sounds about right and very fair.

In Australia, if a fault occurs, you can either get (up to the retailer or manufacturer) a replacement (of that particular product or an equivalent specced product), repair or refund (real money, not instore credit). 

If it is a major fault, you can get either (up to the retailer or manufacture) a replacement or a refund.

A major fault is a fault that would have caused you (the "average" consumer, not the retailer or manufacturer) to not by the particular product if it was known that it was there

You can get a GTX 1060 3GB for $195 US, which is much faster than a R9 380. Why are you complaining?

I am from Greece and yes you are right i shouldn't complaining. A 1060 has around 230 euros here and its Gigabyte..i am partially mad because of all this mining thing, has left us out of options and the prices has gone 50% up or so

I would say that's amazing because, you get your money back. The money can be used to fund another Graphics purchase. 
If you were sent say the actual unit back again [refurbished] you won't get that money's equivalent worth of the graphics and obviously have to sell lower than what you get back in actual cash.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers