Nintendo's NES Classic Edition will be revived in 2018 PLUS SNES CLASSIC EDITION ANNOUNCED

piemadd

Here's a bit of a good news for video game fanatics: The discontinued Nintendo mini-console is coming back.

The company on Tuesday said its NES Classic Edition will start shipping again in 2018 due to strong demand.

Well, that happened. Too bad they aren't having it for the holiday season. Late holiday present?

When the company announced earlier this year it was pumping the breaks on the console, gamers were not happy. After all, it one of the most sought items during the 2016 holiday shopping season -- and also one of the most difficult to find.

Them stopping the production may have been smart. It has made the console even more popular.

Nintendo attributed the decision to stop production to "limited resources."But now it appears the company is rethinking its strategy.

The console($60) touts 30 built-in games, including "Mario Bros." and "Donkey Kong," and a retro-inspired controller.

So they would have kept selling it, with the resources available. It is nice that it has plenty of games built in, at no extra cost.

The announcement of its return came just two weeks before the company will launch its second miniature-sized console: the SNES Classic Edition ($80). Itfeatures 21 built-in games like "Super Mario World" and "The Legend of Zelda." It will also include a new title, "Star Fox 2."

Pre-orders for the SNES are already sold out online at Amazon, GameStop and Target.

Anew SNES TOO? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!?!?!?!??!?! coolio

But Nintendo promises it will be easier to get your hands on this one. The company said it will ship more units of the Super NES Classic Edition on its U.S. launch day, September 29, than all of last year with the NES Classic Edition.

"Fans have shown their unbridled enthusiasm for these Classic Edition systems, so Nintendo is working to put many more of them on store shelves," the company said in a statement.

The company isn't just banking on nostalgic consoles to drum up excitement and bring in sales.In March, Nintendo launched its latest gaming system -- the Nintendo Switch -- which works as both a TV-linked console and a handheld portable device.

They will be more prepared for this launch. Mark your calender's for September 29th.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nintendos-nes-classic-edition-will-be-revived-in-2018/ar-AArPrHO

i like trains 🙂

I think you're a little bit late to the show.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Soon, "the Wii U clasic is coming and it's only going to be $800 with the entire three game library included!" 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I think you're a little bit late to the show.

Actually it was announced just yesterday that they will continue selling them, that it's not game over just yet. I mean the first sentence tells everything:

The discontinued Nintendo mini-console is coming back.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Actually it was announced just yesterday that they will continue selling them, that it's not game over just yet. I mean the first sentence tells everything:

Yes, and it was posted yesterday hence me saying you're a little bit late.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

Yes, and it was posted yesterday hence me saying you're a little bit late.

Oh yes, you're right.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Locked.

As mentioned, it was posted yesterday;

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !