Getting ready to Leave WC PC for months

Hello Linus community, I present to you today a unique problem but still wondering what the best solution, result going to be. 

Scenario is simple I am a residence of one province, and am going to be leaving to another province for co-op, while my pc will be staying behind for 8months, with no power, just sitting there.

Now whats the chances of it growing algea?
What can i do to prevent this?
Should i drain the loop? or will that only allow oxidization to occur.

Coolant is Termaltake's coolant.
---Coolant 1000 to be precise but really i think it just stands for 1000ml as they only have one brand, colour, type of coolant, just sold in different quantities.

Ingredients within
- Propylene Glycol @ 6%
- Ethylene diamine tetra detertrasodiura (E.D.TA.4Na) [i believe thats the chem formula thermaltake's providing] @ 0.5%
- Methyl paraben (M.P) @ 0.1%
- Water @ 93.4%

The Watercooling loop I have is with a Bitspower Intel Red Block, Bitspower Fittings (Matt Black), Feser Clear tubing, Swiftech 360 Rad, and a XSPC 2x5.25" bay water res w/ integrated D5 PWM pump. 

Again just wondering about what precautions i should be taking as the computer will be stored in a cool low moister (dehumidifier) room in my basement for the 8months i am away. 

Any response towards this issue would be greatly apriciated. 

thanx Markes12344

NAME: HAF Satlite MOBO: ASUS Maximus Extreme-Z IV CPU: i5 3570K 4.4GHz 1.256V GPU: ASUS 1080Founders RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1600MHz 7-8-8-24 PSU: EVGA 750W Gold STORAGE: 1TB Samsung Evo | 4x4TB WD Green Raid10 OS: 10 x64 Pro COOLING: Custom 360rad CPU under water soon GPU too

NAME: Node Box Server MOBO: Intel DB55SB CPU: i5 750 GPU: ASUS 560DC OC 1GB RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMP 1333MHz PSU: Coolermaster 1000W Bronze STORAGE: 90GB Corsair FORCE Jails| 5x4TB WD Raidz2 60GB Corsair Force Cache OS: Freenas COOLING: Back to Stock

Plug it into a timer?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I would change the coolant and tubing after that amount of time. Will most probably be fine when you come back though.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Add some PT nuke just a few drops and you're good :D

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

if your leaving it for 8 months , just take it all apart and box it all up 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

I would drain the whole system and dry it. Once you return you can renew the tubing and the rest should be fine.

Should not be too much of a problem at all.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I would drain the whole system and dry it. Once you return you can renew the tubing and the rest should be fine.

I'd do what Najuno suggested, wouldn't take long plus it'll keep you mind at peace while your away for that period of time.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

This is why I haven't gotten my feet wet with water cooling. :P

I think if you get your feet wet you are doing it wrong.  :D

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Drain the loop, take everything apart, clean everything and dry, rebuild/fill when you get back. That's what I would do.

Only victors are allowed to live... this world is merciless like that.

it should be fine. you can drain it or whatever if you enjoy doing loop maintenance, then by all means take it apart.  but there really should be no reason to with a biocide/anti-corrosive coolant. but remember UV lights degrade plastic, so you might need to replace hose.

I vote for the option above.

I would dismantle the loop and dry it and then pack it up for storage. If you want to be meticulous you could clean/flush the blocks and rads on the same go. When you get back just install new tubing and fill up with new coolant.

okay, so the two options really are 

Drain, Clean, Box
or
PT_Nuke and leave. 

Cleaning route, is there a way to just run distilled water with a additive in it to do the job. (im thinking about the rads is all since they cannot be opened) 

Poll time. 

NAME: HAF Satlite MOBO: ASUS Maximus Extreme-Z IV CPU: i5 3570K 4.4GHz 1.256V GPU: ASUS 1080Founders RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1600MHz 7-8-8-24 PSU: EVGA 750W Gold STORAGE: 1TB Samsung Evo | 4x4TB WD Green Raid10 OS: 10 x64 Pro COOLING: Custom 360rad CPU under water soon GPU too

NAME: Node Box Server MOBO: Intel DB55SB CPU: i5 750 GPU: ASUS 560DC OC 1GB RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMP 1333MHz PSU: Coolermaster 1000W Bronze STORAGE: 90GB Corsair FORCE Jails| 5x4TB WD Raidz2 60GB Corsair Force Cache OS: Freenas COOLING: Back to Stock

if i figured out how to create a poll >_<

ps i like the idea on leave it to mine, or fold, but i would need auto start settings in case of a power failler. 
(i also have yet to find out how to get the mining software.. all i can find online is, BUY BIITCOIN, no software for mining anywhere.)