Will i enjoy witcher 3?

Shammikit

so i have played only one RPG game before, which is Dragon's Age Inquisition and idk about u but i found that game super boring so i stopped playing it. witcher 3 is a couple of years old now and i see people recommending it alot. they are like its a game that you should not miss so u must play it. i also heard that it has a good story. i love games which has good stories and ones that are action/adventure. an example would be the assassins creed series (Ezio's story).one thing im concerned about RPG games is having to do lots of side missions. now my game time is short. i can spend a maximum of 2hrs a day for gaming. so does witcher 3 make u do tons of side missions to unlock a main mission? If so is it fun doing them?

5 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

so i have played only one RPG game before, which is Dragon's Age Inquisition and idk about u but i found that game super boring so i stopped playing it.

same here, and i playued witcher 3 for about 10 hours or so and stopped because it's also very boring...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

same here, and i playued witcher 3 for about 10 hours or so and stopped because it's also very boring...

oh is that so. well i might give this game a miss. u know any other games with good story?

If you are not into RPG stuff such as stats, levels, conversation trees, and so on. Then yeah this game might seem boring to you.

As far as side missions are concerned, it is like every other RPG. They are there, can be fun, will reward you for doing them. But nearly all of them are just "side" missions that are not necessary for completing the gaming.

If you do want to experience the story but are not really sure about it then I recommend this. Wait for the game to go on sale (winter sale coming up), if the price is right buy it, set the game to an easy difficulty and just experience the world a bit. If after about 30min-1hr you are bored (least git through the starting mission) then it is safe to say you were not going to miss much else. If you do like it then at this point decided to continue on easy mode, or turn it up a little.

Either way I do personally recommend this game for it's beautiful visuals and captivating story.

24 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

oh is that so. well i might give this game a miss. u know any other games with good story?

Dying light and Rise of the Tomb Raider are games i really enjoyed playing.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I have both witcher 2 and 3 and I like them both but at the same time hate the both of them. The story is good and all, but the combat, it's fucking horrible. I always get killed if there are more than 1 enemies to fight against. I don't get the combat at all. So I have just given up playing them. They are still good games.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Dying light and Rise of the Tomb Raider are games i really enjoyed playing.

Dying Light is so underrated, I have it second only to Bloodborne in my top games of 2015. Though the side missions are some of the best parts of the game.

4 hours ago, Shammikit said:

so i have played only one RPG game before, which is Dragon's Age Inquisition and idk about u but i found that game super boring so i stopped playing it. witcher 3 is a couple of years old now and i see people recommending it alot. they are like its a game that you should not miss so u must play it. i also heard that it has a good story. i love games which has good stories and ones that are action/adventure. an example would be the assassins creed series (Ezio's story).one thing im concerned about RPG games is having to do lots of side missions. now my game time is short. i can spend a maximum of 2hrs a day for gaming. so does witcher 3 make u do tons of side missions to unlock a main mission? If so is it fun doing them?

I think you won't like The Witcher 3. It's an enormous RPG with more sidequests than Skyrim. They're not necessary, but being huge with lots of sidequests is the whole reason a lot of people buy these kind of RPGs. I will say I think it is a far superior game to Dragon Age Inquisition though.

I have to second nanosuits' recommendation of Dying Light, though make sure to get the Dying Light: The Following edition which includes all the DLC. I don't think you can even buy the original Dying Light by itself any more unless you go to Gamestop and get a used copy for console.

A lot of the reviews panned the story, but I thought it was really cool. Techland made the game to look like an old 1970s B-movie zombie flick (set in modern times though). It has that kind of stereotypical B-movie story, the kind of ominous cheesy music you'd hear in those kind of B-movies, and a cool film grain effect that makes it cinematic (and not in the Ubisoft sense, as it runs at 60 fps nearly maxed out at 1080p on say RX 470 level hardware and better). Plus you can kill zombies in all kind of crazy ways like an old B-movie. Eg kick them off a bridge, jump kick them into spikes, lure them to walk into a puddle that has an arcing power line submerged into it, curbstomp them when they're down, stuff like that.

It's an open world game, but a much smaller one than Dragon Age Inquisition and especially smaller than The Witcher 3. It's a game that would take around 40-50 hours if you do every sidequest. While there are some tedious sidequests, there at least a couple of really cool ones too that I don't want to spoil (I imagine there's more, but I haven't played the game in more than a year so I can only remember those two explicitly). I will say the first half hour to hour starts off pretty slow because your weapons are total crap early on, but it becomes so satisfyingly violent once you're able to equip better weapons.

4 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Dying Light is so underrated, I have it second only to Bloodborne in my top games of 2015. Though the side missions are some of the best parts of the game.

to add to the description you've made of the game, which is very accurate BTW...i would also add that the night raids are amazing and very scary and intense in that game... :) the first time you go out at night and are chased down by zombies breathing in your neck as you climb over fences and shit is a moment i will never forget :D

4 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

to add to the description you've made of the game, which is very accurate BTW...i would also add that the night raids are amazing and very scary and intense in that game... :) the first time you go out at night and are chased down by zombies breathing in your neck as you climb over fences and shit is a moment i will never forget :D

I don't know how Dying Light isn't more popular than it is. I mean I know it was a wild success financially for Techland, but I never hear anyone talk about it among the best games of the last few years. I mean I was a big fan of The Witcher 3 like almost everyone else here, but I thought Dying Light was the better game hands down. That game is crack. I have beaten it three times now (and I do ALL sidequests every playthrough) and if I installed it again I'd probably go do a fourth playthrough to the end now. God I can't wait for the sequel.

If you find Witcher boring. RPGs are not for you.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 9/13/2017 at 9:27 AM, Shammikit said:

one thing im concerned about RPG games is having to do lots of side missions. now my game time is short. i can spend a maximum of 2hrs a day for gaming. so does witcher 3 make u do tons of side missions to unlock a main mission? If so is it fun doing them?

No it's not necessary to do side quests, you can just ignore them and continue only main story quests. But some side quests are very good, and even considered as "better" than main quests.

I remember starting the game in September and finishing it in March as I only got to play on weekends and holidays. But I tried to do all side quests apart from gwent.

Well some voting that they completed game in ~15 hours as well.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10270

But to be honest that's not how this game is to be played/enjoyed

+1 for Tomb Raider games

Finally got PS4 Pro

On 14/09/2017 at 6:17 AM, Praesi said:

If you find Witcher boring. RPGs are not for you.

Yeah, pretty much. Witcher is a game I cant see how some poeple dot like, except if they played it wrong.

I would recommend to almost anyone who likes single player games, it is a safe recomendation. Saying someone will like witcher is like saying they prefer chocolate to lettuce: you cant really know, but its probably true.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.