Nintendo bringing back NES Classic also confirms more stock for SNES Classic

AG1233

So not much to cover here,Nintendo is bringing back NES Classic which was previously discontinued after being on sale for just 6 months.More stock will be coming next summer a long wait but better than nothing.

Nintendo also confirms that it will continue to ship SNES classic in 2018 as well so thats a plus.

Both of these things have been only confirmed by Nintendo UK for Europe but I will be surprised if they don't hold true for America as well

Good news, but I still have to wonder if they're just hopeless at making the things, or just trolling us with availability. For me to give them my money first they have to have the things available...

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Its good to see Nintendo continuing to produce more SNES classics, I wonder what the prices will be when it hits production again.

2 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

Its good to see Nintendo continuing to produce more SNES classics, I wonder what the prices will be when it hits production again.

I think you meant NES classic and I am pretty sure it would be at the same price if not 5-10 bucks more at a max.

I wish they'd focus on the Switch stock first...

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

Watch them STILL hugely undercut their stock to up demand, and miraculously make more stock later again.

Well I guess this is an improvement but the fact remains they stopped production of a very popular product for no reason whatsoever.  I will never understand why they do this... for all of recent memory, Nintendo has taken this approach of make just a few units, so that they create an underground market of trading at well above MSRP, the profits of which remain in the hands of those who do it and never make their way back to Nintendo.  It is absolutely baffling how such a seemingly clueless company has become and remained so successful.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

30 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well I guess this is an improvement but the fact remains they stopped production of a very popular product for no reason whatsoever.  I will never understand why they do this... for all of recent memory, Nintendo has taken this approach of make just a few units, so that they create an underground market of trading at well above MSRP, the profits of which remain in the hands of those who do it and never make their way back to Nintendo.  It is absolutely baffling how such a seemingly clueless company has become and remained so successful.

Nintendo is, first and foremost, a toy company. They use limited production runs to generate a feeling of "if I don't buy now, I might not get another chance." Doing this, they can better assure that product moves.

It also leaves more warehouse space availabke for other product, that also is less likely to sit for a considerable amount if time.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Nintendo is, first and foremost, a toy company. They use limited production runs to generate a feeling of "if I don't buy now, I might not get another chance." Doing this, they can better assure that product moves.

It also leaves more warehouse space availabke for other product, that also is less likely to sit for a considerable amount if time.

That's true, but it also ensures they sell far fewer units than they could have, and that's just bad business.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

26 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Given it's Nintendo, I have far too clear of a mental picture of how the decision making for the NES Classic went. They decided 2 million would satisfy Igushi-kun's idea for being able to finally play on the new TV he bought and be profitable for the company. Who's going to buy the NES? 2 million should keep the Vidya Otaku happy.

Sells out everywhere, instantly.

That must have caused a lot of looking away & paper shuffling in meetings for months. The supply decisions were made long before they sold out and they probably provided about as many as they could reasonable do for a first-run product without a massive ramp up in production. Still, with Nintendo's general "we tell you nothing and you'll like it" approach to PR, it was weird.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's true, but it also ensures they sell far fewer units than they could have, and that's just bad business.

These companies don't expect the first production run to also be the last. They tend to make another "limited" run, and if demand holds up throughout multiple runs, tjey continue the trend. If demand starts falling off eith the second, they retool and sell something else.

Sort of like testing the waters with a bizarre new phone, except you know some decent amount of people are going to buy it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

'Bout time they grew a goddamn brain. Sure the NES sucked and noone cares, but the SNES classic? It sold out in 5 minutes. I want one (on sale) and I want it now :P

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

On 9/12/2017 at 7:38 AM, AG1233 said:

Both of these things have been only confirmed by Nintendo UK for Europe but I will be surprised if they don't hold true for America as well