Lenovo w541 thinkpad fan control

Hi all, new to the LTT forum, but an avid follower of the LTT YouTube channel. 

I currently use a 2 year old Lenovo w541 Thinkpad - i7-4710MQ | 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia Quadro K1100M (base clock speed 705 MHz), supplied by my university. This is the only computer in my possession right now so I use it for everything - ranging from casual browsing to complex MATLAB simulations that use multiple cores with constant turbo boost (base 2.5 GHz, turbo boosted to 3.1 to 3.4 GHz). While the simulations run (utilizing the CPU only), the laptop runs around 75-80 deg. C mostly and I make sure there is decent airflow around the intake and exhaust of the cooling system. I'd like to keep the temperatures as low as possible and so I installed the TPFancontrol utility and set it to run in 'Manual - Mode 7' with the fan constantly running between 3000-3700 rpm, or sometimes touching 4000 rpm. I do this only when I run the simulations or stream 1440p videos on YouTube (on an external monitor) and set the fan control to "BIOS' mode otherwise. I want advise on the safety of this method as I am worried I might wear out the fan bearings faster and create more problems than solutions. 

P.S. The simulations run continuously for at least 15 hours, but I change the fan settings after three hours of continuous operation to minimize chances of mechanical failure. 

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Mobile workstation: Lenovo Thinkpad W541 - i7-4710MQ | NVidia Quadro K1100M | 8GB DDR3 | 240GB SSD

Is there a known life cycle for these fans? 

Mobile workstation: Lenovo Thinkpad W541 - i7-4710MQ | NVidia Quadro K1100M | 8GB DDR3 | 240GB SSD

26 minutes ago, PraveenRamanujam said:

Is there a known life cycle for these fans? 

Nah, probably not, I'm sure there is enough manufacturing differences in batches to not be able to guess. But I think Lenovo's thinkpads are made well so I wouldn't worry about replacing the fan too often if ever.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂