Hyper X Cloud with a different mic? Possible?

n_exit

Hey LTT-Community,

I am considering buying a new headset. I am interested in buying the Hyper X cloud cause it offers good sound qualitiy and comfort for a good price. Unfortunately the microphone isnt the best and I want to make this clear before buying the Headset. Of course I will use the headset first and try the mic before buying an aditional mic. My budget is only about 100€ (compare it to $) so I dont want to spend to much on a second microphone if i wanna buy one.

So here are my questions:

1. Is the hyperX cloud 1(or 2) in this situation the right choice? Or is it better to buy other headphones and a sepreate mic?

2. Do you own a hyperX Cloud1 or 2 headset? Whats your point of view?

https://www.amazon.de/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-schwarz/dp/B00JJNQG98/ref=sr_1_6?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1504952615&sr=1-6&keywords=gaming+headset

What are you using mic for? You didn't explain your situation besides "buying a new headset." Are you mixing, media consumption; do you like bass heavy or neutral; do you want a good soundstage for csgo footsteps? If just gaming cloud is "good enough." I have two pairs of cloud 1(use in different locations) i.m.o. the cloud 2 is not worth the higher price for a usb dongle as 7.1 is hokey.  If you decide to get a better mic you can find cheap usb cardoid mics and a scissor arm for like 40usd. 

If your surroundings are quiet a semi-open headphone like superlux and separate mic might be nicer. Or philips shp9500+vmoda boompro(duno ebay or whatever available imports) These are just example options. 

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

Thanks for your reply.

I am currently playing a lot of Overwatch. Footsteps and other soundeffekts are important ( but not that important compared to CSGO). 

I try to look for the shp9500+vmoda :D This sounds even better i guess.

Thats all :P

Just know that open headphones allow ambient sounds in, and headphone sounds out. But you usually get better soundstage, and don't get hot.  If not cloud 1 are amazing for the price and the mic is perfectly fine unless you record voice. Just make sure to plug headphone into motherboard and not front header to increase sound quality. 

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |