Trying to find a good note taking software

Hey guys i have a touch screen laptop and i want to take hand written notes on it with a stylus of some sort but i don't know what software to use any ideas?

OneNote. You have OneNote 2016 from Office (which is free), and you have the OneNote UWP in Windows 10. The Office one has more feature, the UWP one is a bit easier to use. Pick the one you prefer. I use OneNote during my studies and even now at work. I like very much. Wish there was more features, but it is the best so far that I found.

With OneNote your notes are on the clouds, and are accessible and in sync between all your devices, including phones (iOS, Android, and of course Windows 10 Mobile). Can also be viewed and edited online via your web browser, and like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you can have multiple user live edit.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

OneNote. You have OneNote 2016 from Office (which is free), and you have the OneNote UWP in Windows 10. The Office one has more feature, the UWP one is a bit easier to use. Pick the one you prefer. I use OneNote during my studies and even now at work. I like very much. Wish there was more features, but it is the best so far that I found.

With OneNote your notes are on the clouds, and are accessible and in sync between all your devices, including phones (iOS, Android, and of course Windows 10 Mobile). Can also be viewed and edited online via your web browser, and like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you can have multiple user live edit.

I liked One Note as a replacement for Ever note. I just wish Microsoft gets rid of the purple splash screen with the one note logo. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I use Microsoft Word, it is perfect for me as a High School Student, but apart from Word, maybe... OneNote???

7 minutes ago, A Wild Chancleta said:

I use Microsoft Word, it is perfect for me as a High School Student, but apart from Word, maybe... OneNote???

Word? That is a horrible program used to write notes. It is designed for writing documents, max books.

The problem with Word, is that you can't easily switch between typing and drawing, and it requires too many steps to have a floating image, and you can't type anywhere and write at that location. OneNote works in blocks, each area you tap and write, they are blocks that you can move around. You can draw anywhere even over text. In addition, it has keyboard shortcuts and smart auto layout designed for note taking. For example: [Tab] Key and type... does a standard first line only indent and type your text. But, if you do [Type text] THEN [Tab] It forms a table out of the content, and puts you on the second column ready to get more text. And things like that.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Word? That is a horrible program used to write notes. It is designed for writing documents, max books.

The problem with Word, is that you can't easily switch between typing and drawing, and it requires too many steps to have a floating image, and you can't type anywhere and write at that location. OneNote works in blocks, each area you tap and write, they are blocks that you can move around. You can draw anywhere even over text. In addition, it has keyboard shortcuts and smart auto layout designed for note taking. For example: [Tab] Key and type... does a standard first line only indent and type your text. But, if you do [Type text] THEN [Tab] It forms a table out of the content, and puts you on the second column ready to get more text. And things like that.

Well, for the type of notes I do, it works for me, I know it is terrible for taking notes, but it is really useful if I am going to write something, and if I am going to insert an Image it is kinda easy, you just look on how to insert it and there, but about OneNote, I had not used it in a long, long time and I honestly do not remember how to use it, I just see it that way, sorry if I triggered you lololol.

1 hour ago, A Wild Chancleta said:

What kind off high school do you go to if word is enough? 

I constantly have to draw diagrams/tables/write crisscrossing notes and stuff.

This is why nothing but good old pen and paper works for me 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

32 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

What kind off high school do you go to if word is enough? 

I constantly have to draw diagrams/tables/write crisscrossing notes and stuff.

This is why nothing but good old pen and paper works for me 

That is why I got a Surface Pro :D  I used to have a laptop, good one, served me well, but annoying in class note taking. I recall wanted to get a convertible laptop, but in 2008, it was 3000$ Can for a shit system barely running XP, just to get a pen tech that you won't fight with. So you can image when the Surface Pro 2 was released at 1300$ at the time for the med range model (8GB, 256GB SSD), how bargain it was for me, and easy sell. Broke due to an accident (I had MS Complete 2 year w/ accidental warranty), MS shipped me a Pro 3 with a keyboard, pen, power adapter as they stop producing the Pro 2. Pro 3 pen was much improved... and from what I tried in stores, each Pro newer gen device got the pen better and better. I am exiting to see how it will improve in 2 years from now. Might upgrade my Surfy then, will probably be time (My older devices usually goes a family member)