Best USB 3 Flash Drive for under $50 CAD?

for7hyp3

I'm looking for a USB 3 flash drive after my last one died but there are a lot of options so I want to know what would you guys recommend that fits my needs? I need something that's 64GB with read speeds of 100MB/s+  and write speeds of 50MB/s+ and it needs to be durable with a solid keyring hole as I will have it on my keyring with my other USB drives that will be hanging off my belt loop for most of the day with lots of movement (one of my other drives I lost because the plastic key ring hole broke and it fell off, RIP customer data). Originally I was looking at the Kingston DataTraveler SE9 G2 3.0 64GB for its very durable style and sturdy metal key ring hole but unfortunately, its write speed was only 15MB/s so that sucks. The two I'm looking at now is the Sandisk Extreme CZ80 64GB and Sandisk Extreme Go 64GB (I do believe the CZ80 is faster but correct me if I'm wrong) and they both have decent looking key ring holes and sliding USB ports to help protect it from damage plus AES encryption which is a plus.

i got a couple of these when they were on sale, and i love them

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OH4W2M4/ref=twister_B01CGXL2UK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

i got a couple of these when they were on sale, and i love them

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OH4W2M4/ref=twister_B01CGXL2UK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

While I do love the robust design of them, from looking at other peoples speed test the read speeds are somewhere in between 30-120 MB/s and under 50MB/s write. Would you know what speeds you got on your drive? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy13 said:

Hands down the SanDisk Extreme

https://www.amazon.ca/Sandisk-Extreme-Type-Flash-Drive/dp/B01NARBPI7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504738148&sr=8-1&keywords=SanDisk+Extreme+Go+USB+3.1+64+GB+Flash+Drive

The 128GB model is a little above your price, But the 64GB model is still great.

It uses an SSD grade controller so it's essentially a small USB SSD. Its lightning fast, I have like two now and I absolutely love them. They are quite expensive but seriously they are so fast, You will never look back once you get one. Expect between 180 and 200 MB/s reads its fucking crazy!

Edit I actually have the SanDisk Extreme: not the Extreme go which I linked above, I don't know if there is any difference and the price is around the same, Either one looks quite good though.

What speeds were you getting on your Extreme? I looked around after posting this and it seems like the Extreme is drastically faster (up to 60MB/s faster on both read and write) than the Extreme Go even though the go is supposed to replace the Extreme.

28 minutes ago, for7hyp3 said:

While I do love the robust design of them, from looking at other peoples speed test the read speeds are somewhere in between 30-120 MB/s and under 50MB/s write. Would you know what speeds you got on your drive? 

i'd have to check when i get home.

its probably not great. but i got them on sale so they were a good deal lol  2 of the 32GB one for like 8 bucks each

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

i'd have to check when i get home.

its probably not great. but i got them on sale so they were a good deal lol  2 of the 32GB one for like 8 bucks each

Wow, that is a good deal but unfortunately, I need the speed.

36 minutes ago, for7hyp3 said:

Wow, that is a good deal but unfortunately, I need the speed.

in that case, you want this

https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Supersonic-Magnum-Flash-Drive/dp/B004ZNA3UA

250MB/s read | 160MB/s write.

|Specs in profile|

2 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

in that case, you want this

https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Supersonic-Magnum-Flash-Drive/dp/B004ZNA3UA

250MB/s read | 160MB/s write.

That's very tempting but compared to the SanDisk Extreme, it's about $10 more expensive since I have to order it from the American Amazon because is somehow cost $160 on the Canadian Amazon. Plus for the lower price, the SanDisk Extreme has a slightly higher write rate and has AES encryption as a bonus but thanks for the suggestion.

1 minute ago, for7hyp3 said:

That's very tempting but compared to the SanDisk Extreme, it's about $10 more expensive since I have to order it from the American Amazon because is somehow cost $160 on the Canadian Amazon. Plus for the lower price, the SanDisk Extreme has a slightly higher write rate and has AES encryption as a bonus but thanks for the suggestion.

ah yea go for the sandisk then, especially if its a little cheaper.  canada is silly sometimes.

|Specs in profile|

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

ah yea go for the sandisk then, especially if its a little cheaper.  canada is silly sometimes.

Yep it is

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy13 said:

I have just run CrystalDiskMark x64. I have the the device plugged into a USB 3.0 port, partition formated to NTFS.

I would go with the SanDisk Extreme if it is faster, Especially because it is the same price, On UK amazon the Extreme is actually about £15 more expensive than the Extreme Go.

Either one looks fast though so I dont think It will matter too much. Something to note is the Extreme Go supports USB 3.1, But take that with a grain of salt because its not faster.

Capture.PNG

Yea it looks like I'll go with the Extreme, thanks for the help.