First Gen Fire Stick issues

Donut417

My mom has a 1st gen fire stick loaded with Kodi. Lately she has been having issues requiring her to continually sign in to my Netflix account every few days. Also, some times the wireless stops working and the a restart of the firestick is required. Any ideas? I know its not the router as its the only device that has the issue. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Forgot to add, we have a Roku stick and a 2nd Gen fire stick also. They dont seem to have issues. Seems like a small issue to have to re sign in, but my mom thru the fucking Amazon remote because she is sick of signing in every day. Also, shes thinking of getting cable TV again as a result. Unfortunately the TV's on our first floor dont get great antenna reception. My parents refuse to do what I have been telling them to do and get an out door antenna. 

Alright so I have no fucking idea how to fix your Netflix issue but I do know how to fix your TV reception.

You need to buy a cable splitter with the amount of coaxial ports you have in your house. Here's one with 6.

Then you need to get an amplifier which you will hook up to the antenna. You want to have the antenna in the highest room in the house for better reception. Also maybe consider a better antenna.

Once you know which room you want the antenna in, you have to find your cable box. This can be a pain in the ass, but it's usually on the outside of your house by the power meter. In the cable box, there should be a bunch of shit, but it's very important that you know what wires go where, or you will fuck up the internet and your parents will be pissed. You can test which one goes to the internet by unscrewing each wire until your internet stops working, then just screw that one back in.

Once you have found the internet coax, you want to unscrew all of the other coax cables from the cable company's splitter and screw them into your own, except for the input of the splitter, you're going to want to find the coax for the room that you will be putting the antenna into. To find this, you will just want to do trial and error unplugging by plugging the antenna (with amp) into the coax of the room you're using and plugging a TV into each coax cable until you find the one with the antenna. A less ghetto way to do this would just be to buy a coax tester and using that to find the right cable, but either way works.

Once everything is connected (correctly) to the splitter, you want to connect your antenna to the amp and connect the amp to the wall and then you should be able to connect any TV in the house to a coax port and get TV.

If the cable company bitches at you tell them to fuck off because all of the coax coming from your house (aka the coax that goes into the TV) is yours. Just make sure not to fuck with the lines coming in for tv and internet, they are theirs.

Use this tool so I can see what kind of amp you need.

I hope all of this helped. Cutting the cord is awesome, never let your parents switch back to cable.

"Who's to say that my light is better than your darkness? Who's to say death is better than your darkness? Who am I to say?” - Daniel Keyes

i3-6100/GTX 750 Ti/8GB DDR4 | M1 Macbook Pro 13 16GB RAM/256GB Storage | Steam

6 hours ago, MicrowavedGerbil said:

Alright so I have no fucking idea how to fix your Netflix issue but I do know how to fix your TV reception.

You need to buy a cable splitter with the amount of coaxial ports you have in your house. Here's one with 6.

Then you need to get an amplifier which you will hook up to the antenna. You want to have the antenna in the highest room in the house for better reception. Also maybe consider a better antenna.

Once you know which room you want the antenna in, you have to find your cable box. This can be a pain in the ass, but it's usually on the outside of your house by the power meter. In the cable box, there should be a bunch of shit, but it's very important that you know what wires go where, or you will fuck up the internet and your parents will be pissed. You can test which one goes to the internet by unscrewing each wire until your internet stops working, then just screw that one back in.

Once you have found the internet coax, you want to unscrew all of the other coax cables from the cable company's splitter and screw them into your own, except for the input of the splitter, you're going to want to find the coax for the room that you will be putting the antenna into. To find this, you will just want to do trial and error unplugging by plugging the antenna (with amp) into the coax of the room you're using and plugging a TV into each coax cable until you find the one with the antenna. A less ghetto way to do this would just be to buy a coax tester and using that to find the right cable, but either way works.

Once everything is connected (correctly) to the splitter, you want to connect your antenna to the amp and connect the amp to the wall and then you should be able to connect any TV in the house to a coax port and get TV.

If the cable company bitches at you tell them to fuck off because all of the coax coming from your house (aka the coax that goes into the TV) is yours. Just make sure not to fuck with the lines coming in for tv and internet, they are theirs.

Use this tool so I can see what kind of amp you need.

I hope all of this helped. Cutting the cord is awesome, never let your parents switch back to cable.

Here is the issue. The parents dont want to drill thru the new siding. Also I know how my cable service is setup, The wire literally goes from the pole to the modem, plus none of our splitters are outside, we moved them inside. So all of our wiring is done inside, the issue is, we have ONE line going to our upper floor. That line carries the Internet signal to the modem. We really have no way to fish more cables up to the attic to get to the rooms on the upper floor or to any antenna. 

So basically our only way to do better reception on the bottom floors is to buy an outdoor antenna and run new lines thru the foundation, similar to how Comcast ran our cable service. Seeing how we can drill in to the siding or the roof, because the parents are like no. We have no options. 

I did find that the Netflix issue, is a Netflix problem, they are working on it. Its not like my mom has no TV, we sub to PS Vue, the only issue is we have a 1TB cap, so we have to be careful on how much we use. She was just pissed because she wanted to watch Netflix and it signs her out like all the time, even in the middle of a show. 

8 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Here is the issue. The parents dont want to drill thru the new siding. Also I know how my cable service is setup, The wire literally goes from the pole to the modem, plus none of our splitters are outside, we moved them inside. So all of our wiring is done inside, the issue is, we have ONE line going to our upper floor. That line carries the Internet signal to the modem. We really have no way to fish more cables up to the attic to get to the rooms on the upper floor or to any antenna.

If you already have a cable being run upstairs then you can just use that cable to fish more up. Shouldn't require more than a couple holes for each end of the cable.

"Who's to say that my light is better than your darkness? Who's to say death is better than your darkness? Who am I to say?” - Daniel Keyes

i3-6100/GTX 750 Ti/8GB DDR4 | M1 Macbook Pro 13 16GB RAM/256GB Storage | Steam

1 hour ago, MicrowavedGerbil said:

If you already have a cable being run upstairs then you can just use that cable to fish more up. Shouldn't require more than a couple holes for each end of the cable.

No we cant. The hole is not big enough. My dad literally made the hole just a hare bigger than the RG59 cable. He put ends on it in the attic which starts in the basement, also, me and him both are too fat to fit thru the attic access and the fact we got blown in insulation that would be falling out every where. What you gotta understand is 1/3 of our house was built in the 1930's. The rest came, later, and its kinda cobbled together. The only real way to run more cables is to cut some of the drywall and do it right by running a conduit up the wall.