Wireless Smart Plug with PC?

Jacob Canale

So i have my whole room controlled by my amazon alexa, and i was wondering if it would work for me to buy a smart plug and plug my pc into it, so i can turn it off wirelessly. Would this work, and would this harm my pc?

Eh... I wouldn't. Sounds like it would lead OS corruption.

Try using IFTTT.

2 minutes ago, Jacob Canale said:

So i have my whole room controlled by my amazon alexa, and i was wondering if it would work for me to buy a smart plug and plug my pc into it, so i can turn it off wirelessly. Would this work, and would this harm my pc?

You would want to do a proper shutdown of your system or it may potentially corrupt the data by just cutting power to it. A better solution would be to set up the system so it can wake or shutdown via LAN. 

I wouldn't recommend that. Turning off your computer by unplugging it is a really bad thing (like holding the power button). Maybe try what @Legendarypoet said.

29 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Try using IFTTT.

I have made it through most of the guide, but when im in powershell to set the execution policy, it wont let me choose A. paste"Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted" and it asks me to choose Y A N L or S, but when I type A nothing happens