Tempered Glass Case to Show off Custom Loop

jaysangwan32

Hey guys,

I was wondering what cases you all would recommend with tempered glass and ample room for a custom loop.

I really like the Lian Li (PC 08) and In Win aesthetics, but their lack of functionality (mainly space and airflow) for custom loop users makes them unappealing.

Any similar cases or other cases you recommend for a sleek, water cooling set up?

Thanks for the help!

uh fractal design much bro, uhm i have the define s which have space for loop, but their tempered glass is the define c which is smaller, so idk, have a look tho.

in the same regular mid case with tempered glass theres the p400s from phanteks, not sure about space either.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG. There is also a special edition version that has RGB fans.

Fractal Design Meshify is also nice although not sure what it is like for a custom loop.

Meshify C?

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

2 hours ago, DrunkenPanda said:

Corsair Crystal Series 570X

I mean you can't show off much more than that :P

It's beautiful...

Too bad I can't manage cables for my life :(

2 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG. There is also a special edition version that has RGB fans.

Fractal Design Meshify is also nice although not sure what it is like for a custom loop.

From what I've seen the Meshify can't sustain a full loop.

Definitely will check out the Enthoo Pro though.

Thanks for the help!

3 hours ago, DrunkenPanda said:

Corsair Crystal Series 570X

I mean you can't show off much more than that :P

Do what I did :)

20170826_115916_jpg_8b4359624b7059fd166d02c9023ff730.jpg

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

2 hours ago, Nosfy said:

Do what I did :)

20170826_115916_jpg_8b4359624b7059fd166d02c9023ff730.jpg

Daaanng that looks so nice.

Did you do that yourself or is there a website/service that makes those? Also is that a side panel or a decal over the glass?

Definitely making me consider that 570x more...

28 minutes ago, jaysangwan32 said:

Did you do that yourself or is there a website/service that makes those? Also is that a side panel or a decal over the glass?

Thast definitely a decal from the looks of it. (speculation) He probably had it done for him

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, jaysangwan32 said:

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Thast definitely a decal from the looks of it. (speculation) He probably had it done for him

Yeah its a decal. Literally got it from Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B012B49BJ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I had the same dilemma you do a few months ago and I went with the InWin 909. It's a really nice case with quite decent airflow for a tempered glass one and would definitely suit your build depending on what your idea of aesthetically pleasing is. I would warn you that cable management is pretty important though since both side panels are tempered glass and also keep in mind that the glass is fairly heavily smoked/tinted.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

11 minutes ago, Carclis said:

I had the same dilemma you do a few months ago and I went with the InWin 909. It's a really nice case with quite decent airflow for a tempered glass one and would definitely suit your build depending on what your idea of aesthetically pleasing is. I would warn you that cable management is pretty important though since both side panels are tempered glass and also keep in mind that the glass is fairly heavily smoked/tinted.

Definitely a beautiful case, but I've seen some people say space is tight for loops? 

How was your experience building with it?

15 minutes ago, jaysangwan32 said:

Definitely a beautiful case, but I've seen some people say space is tight for loops? 

How was your experience building with it?

It wasn't the easiest but it wasn't too bad. If you have the parts for your loop already you might have a hard time fitting the 240mm radiator at the bottom intake position so I'd recommend a thinner radiator for that position so that you don't interfere with your lower motherboard headers. I personally already had a 60mm thick radiator which made this a problem but I don't move my case at all and so I was comfortable with having the radiator sit on top of the fans but not screwed in place. Apart from that though it's excellent since the rear space allows enough room for both a large radiator and large reservoir. If the picture doesn't make it clear there is basically no space between the reservoir and the radiator.
IMG_20170809_154620.thumb.jpg.22056b9b22aacc8eb7d366ab41918dbe.jpg

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

1 minute ago, Carclis said:

It wasn't the easiest but it wasn't too bad. If you have the parts for your loop already you might have a hard time fitting the 240mm radiator at the bottom intake position so I'd recommend a thinner radiator for that position so that you don't interfere with your lower motherboard headers. I personally already had a 60mm thick radiator which made this a problem but I don't move my case at all and so I was comfortable with having the radiator sit on top of the fans but not screwed in place. Apart from that though it's excellent since the rear space allows enough room for both a large radiator and large reservoir. If the picture doesn't make it clear there is basically no space between the reservoir and the radiator though.

I haven't purchased the parts yet so I'll keep that in mind!

I forgot to mention, I intend to do hardline and it looks a little tight as it is.

I'll try to find some videos on it because the 909 is a very pretty case.

Thank you for the help!

Coolermaster MasterCase 5t? 

Dark Base Pro 900?

Cougar Panzer? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

6 hours ago, Carclis said:

Holy s*** thats a big case

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Holy s*** thats a big case

The bigger the better ;)

11 hours ago, Plank said:

Lian Li PC-O11 WGX 

lovely case

So I was looking at that case, but a lot of reviews (including HWC) showed it had poor functionality.

Do you have any experience building in it? If so, how has your experience been?

2 hours ago, jaysangwan32 said:

So I was looking at that case, but a lot of reviews (including HWC) showed it had poor functionality.

Do you have any experience building in it? If so, how has your experience been?

I didn't build anything in it yet but I am going to when the next generation of GPU's will appear (volta I guess) but here you can have a video of a dude that was building his rig in it. Maybe you can see if it's something for you ---> 

7 hours ago, Carclis said:

The bigger the better ;)

And I thought my case was big!

Spoiler

IMAG0396.thumb.jpg.6b98924bb122f55af076abd00173289a.jpg

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

And I thought my case was big!

I had a look at the dimensions and it turns out your case is larger in literally every way. I think it's just the fact that less open space is visible and the tidiness of it that makes it look larger.

11 minutes ago, Carclis said:

I had a look at the dimensions and it turns out your case is larger in literally every way. I think it's just the fact that less open space is visible and the tidiness of it that makes it look larger.

21.30" x 9.00" x 22.60"

Level 10 GT

23.00" x 11.10" x 23.20"

Holy crap youre right LOL fuck my case is big xD I'll definitely downsize in my next build