MSI GTX 1050ti 4g Gaming X Water Cooled?

Hello, I have a Problem. I am building a Corsair Bulldog 2.0 (170z) and I want to sink a MSI GTX1050 ti 4g Gaming X as the GPU. But the Bull Dog is mITX form factor and it says right at the bottom ( Recommended Graphics Cards: CORSAIR Hydro GFX). However I really really really want to overclock the Snot out of it and I have as you can see from the uploaded image with stock twin frozr VI! Now there is room for the card to be put in there stock but the tight space screams "muy caliente!". SO, am I insane for trying to even put a 1050ti in a bulldog 2.0? Has ANYONE out there Successfully water cooled a 1050ti?

Someone asked,

Why would you make a custom water-cooling loop for a 1050ti?!?!?!?

Because you can overclock the snot out of it and beat a 3g 1060! Think of it BUDGET WATER COOLED GPU!

9_9

Untitled.png

you probably cant find a waterblock for it as nobody will make one for such a low tiered card, water cooling is something you do when you have ran out of stuff to upgrade in your PC and you want to still upgrade something

also pascal is BIOS encrypted, so :( i want to overclock my 1070 some more but it is hitting voltage limits.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The biggest issue I can see is actually finding a waterblock to cover everything.

If you don't care about the VRMs and whatnot then maybe an adapter of sorts could work. I haven't looked at that stuff much though so maybe it has VRM passive cooling on the adapter.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

Because you can overclock the snot out of it and beat a 3g 1060! Think of it BUDGET WATER COOLED GPU!

That's not how it works, Pascal is voltage limited and no matter how much you overclock a 1050 Ti, unless you use an XOC BIOS (which doesn't exist for the 1050 Ti) and LN2 you can't get the 1050 Ti to outperform a 1060 3GB.

Watercooling a 1050 Ti makes no sense

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

watercooling parts for a gpu cost over 200 euro/dollar easily, making you able to buy a 1060 or 1070 for that price

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

The biggest issue I can see is actually finding a waterblock to cover everything.

If you don't care about the VRMs and whatnot then maybe an adapter of sorts could work. I haven't looked at that stuff much though so maybe it has VRM passive cooling on the adapter.

there is the WK supremacy block for jsut the die

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

That's not how it works, Pascal is voltage limited and no matter how much you overclock a 1050 Ti, unless you use an XOC BIOS (which doesn't exist for the 1050 Ti) and LN2 you can't get the 1050 Ti to outperform a 1060 3GB.

Watercooling a 1050 Ti makes no sense

"Everyone deserves great gaming. That's why we created the fast, powerful GeForce® GTX 1050. Now, you can turn your PC into a true gaming rig, powered by NVIDIA Pascal™—the most advanced GPU architecture ever created. It's loaded with innovative NVIDIA Game Ready technologies that let every gamer experience the latest titles in their full glory. #GameReady. "
Geforce gtx 1050

Well the offical website says otherwise.

2 hours ago, IRONTYGR said:

" Bykski, known as one of the biggest water block provider in China, releases the water blocks for the latest GPU-GeForce GTX 1050Ti/GTX 1050."
https://videocardz.com/63983/bykski-announces-first-water-block-for-gtx-1050tigtx-1050
So, I know it is possible. But is it only possible with a 3d printer?

Just don't do it, as @Glennieboyyy007 said, use the $100-200 you would spend on the waterblock to get a better GPU, like a 1060 6GB, 1070 or a used 980 (Ti).

2 hours ago, IRONTYGR said:

"Everyone deserves great gaming. That's why we created the fast, powerful GeForce® GTX 1050. Now, you can turn your PC into a true gaming rig, powered by NVIDIA Pascal™—the most advanced GPU architecture ever created. It's loaded with innovative NVIDIA Game Ready technologies that let every gamer experience the latest titles in their full glory. #GameReady. "
Geforce gtx 1050

Huh? What does this have to do with anything? Where does it say that Pascal is not voltage limited or that the 1050 Ti can be overclocked to match the 1060?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Just don't do it, as @Glennieboyyy007 said, use the $100-200 you would spend on the waterblock to get a better GPU, like a 1060 6GB, 1070 or a used 980 (Ti).

Then I am forced to GO this route, ZOTAC 1060 6g AMP! with Accelero Hybrid III - 120 (Generic)
https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-amp-edition
https://www.arctic.ac/us_en/accelero-hybrid-iii-120.html

3 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

Geforce gtx 1050

you do know that this is just marketing. i can say the same about a 750ti. they want to target as many people as possible and there is a huge difference between a 1050 ti for a "normal" person and a 1080ti for someone who uses his pc a lot and needs that power. quick question: how old are you? because this is the normal manufacturer talk everyone knows of, that you should just ignore

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

7 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

Then I am forced to GO this route, ZOTAC 1060 6g AMP! with Accelero Hybrid III - 120 (Generic)
https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-amp-edition

You really don't need to watercool it, it says "Recommended", you don't have to use a watercooled graphics card. Just use a blower style/founders edition card. Use the money you would spend on that kit to get a 1070 FE

3 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

why dont you just go air cooled?

3 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

why dont you just go air cooled?

I am putting it in a Corsair Bulldog 2.0 water cooling is required

bulldog2.jpg

Just now, IRONTYGR said:

I am putting it in a Corsair Bulldog 2.0

that doesn't answer my question. why would you go watercooled? case doesnt really matter

Just now, Glennieboyyy007 said:

that doesn't answer my question. why would you go watercooled? case doesnt really matter

Intend on BUILDING a BULLDOG 2.0 read my first post.....good lord.

2 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

Intend on BUILDING a BULLDOG 2.0 read my first post.....good lord.

yes, thats all very nice, but why a fully custom cooled loop?? gosh (yes, i can say those things as well XD)

2 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

yes, thats all very nice, but why a fully custom cooled loop?? gosh (yes, i can say those things as well XD)

I dont believe there is room for a reservoir. So i have to use a premade  loop like a Corsair H5 or something.

1 minute ago, IRONTYGR said:

I dont believe there is room for a reservoir. So i have to use a premade  loop like a Corsair H5 or something.

so an aio (all in one) liquid cooler. thats very different from a custom loop.

get the cpu with the AIO and get a air cooled GPU.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Hybrid Gaming Graphics Card,

$499.00

VS

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP Edition

$279.99

ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid III-120

$93

Total 372.99 ( $126 difference)

Maybe in the name of doing it right. I will pony up the extra $126

6 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

-snip-

Dude, how many times do I have to tell you this?

You do not need a watercooled graphics card

39 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

( Recommended Graphics Cards: CORSAIR Hydro GFX).

The only reason why they recommend watercooled cards is because the Hydro GFX is made by Corsair, an FE/blower style card would be 100% fine

6 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

$499.00

VS

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 AMP Edition

$279.99

ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid III-120

$93

Total 372.99 ( $126 difference)

Maybe in the name of doing it right. I will pony up the extra $126

if the gpu can fit in the case, go for the 1070 definitely

but try to get a blower card, those are bitter in small form factor cases

16 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

I am putting it in a Corsair Bulldog 2.0 water cooling is required

no, just no. you don't need a liquid cooler for your gpu. you can fit up to a 300mm air-cooled gpu in the bulldog without issue. getting a lesser GPU simply because watercooling isn't being smart, you're just wasting money getting unnecessary things and losing out on performance. No extra overclock with a liquid cooler is gonna help your gpu beat out the next tier card.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

dont know how expensive this one would be, but get something like this

8 minutes ago, IRONTYGR said:

$499.00

Lol, that's the Price of a GTX 1080 here in germany. 498€.

Custom GTX 1070 start from 400-430, go over to 445€~ as decent customs, and can hit 500 easy.

GTX 1070 is a bad buy in germany right now... :D

And yes, i think 499 dollar today are way too much for a mere GTX 1070, if you can get a 1080 for a few bucks more.

But yea, that's the Reason why it's completely retarded to go for 1050 ti with waterblock. For that price, you can buy a GTX 1060, that will completely destroy a 1050 ti in every aspect. Even Power consumption.

GTX 1050 ti overclocked to the absolute Limit will break 100 watt easy (at least with almost 1.1v and 2000 Mhz), maybe hit 110-120w.

A GTX 1060 undervolted to 0.8 Volt, and underclocked to 1876 Mhz (that's what mine did stable), with +4500 Mhz Memory clock, consumes around 85 Watt.