To use Windows Server 2016 or to buy Windows 10 Pro?

Go to solution Solved by TheCherryKing,

Use Windows Server 2016. It lacks most of the spying and forced update features Windows 10 has.

I have a free copy of windows server 2016 from M$ imagine. It has the features that I need, but windows 10 pro also have them. Which one to use? Advantages/disadvantages of both OS?  

I run servers and desktops, and if you're planning on using your computer for day to day stuff just get a Windows 10 key. Windows Server is just a pain in the ass when it comes to allowing you to do most of the stuff you'd want to do if you game because the OS is so locked down.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

1 minute ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

I run servers and desktops, and if you're planning on using your computer for day to day stuff just get a Windows 10 key. Windows Server is just a pain in the ass when it comes to allowing you to do most of the stuff you'd want to do if you game because the OS is so locked down.

like waht issue extaclty

6 minutes ago, RandoNandoz said:

I have a free copy of windows server 2016 from M$ imagine. It has the features that I need, but windows 10 pro also have them. Which one to use? Advantages/disadvantages of both OS?  

"Buy" windows 10, why using a server os when not running a server....

It's easy to "buy" a windows 10 pro edition :P:)xD 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

37 minutes ago, RandoNandoz said:

Some enterprise software will not run on a Pro level OS, requiring "Workstation" or "Server". For you? Prob no difference.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

Use Windows Server 2016. It lacks most of the spying and forced update features Windows 10 has.