USB xHCI Host controller error

Nate1080

Not sure what happend I was using my system as I do playing the only game I play pubg closed the game to do a quick reboot pc reloaded and mouse/keyboard were not working and I have not been able to make them work since I have tried every trouble shoot I have spoken to Microsoft they are no help i just built this system I got 3 weeks use out of it I checked for hardware failure by powering the system off by the USB ports worked I plug ext hd into ports to see if it powers it powerd I just don't know what else to do without spending money I don't have if anyone has had this issue and fixed it help me out I also reinstalled windows drivers everything nothing fixed  my pc specs are i5 7600k Asus strix z270e mobo 16gig gskill trident z ram Asus strix gtx 1080 512gb intell ssd cs 650m corsair psu hyperx212x CPU cooler 

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1883.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

So let's start by getting some information first; What is your current bios revision, and have you installed the latest chipset driver from intel/ latest ASmedia usb controller driver. Also to be clear it's usb devices fail to operate, do they show up as devices is device manager?

Back from the dead....

I'm sorry how do I check my bios revisions and yes I'm sure I have I also tried installing all drivers with the z270e disc that came with mobo I've tried letting windows update install all drivers and I always get the same error on the same driver none of my USB ports work they won't pick up mouse or keyboard but if I plug say a external hard drive into one of them it will power on but the pc won't pick it up and yes I think everything shows in device manager I'll add another photo running windows 10 pro 

image.jpg

Please navigate to 

start>setting>devices

and can you screenshot that.

Also for latest drivers the cd supplied on has drivers at the time of packaging, so to get latest drivers try this link:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

To view the latest bios version shutdown your computer and spam f2 or del and take a picture of the screen that displays

Back from the dead....

Thank you for the help it's been a hard one still feel stuck I'll download all newst drivers from the link you just gave me and see what goes on I still think I will have same error I attached bios photos could it be my hardware ? Dead mother board USB ports?

IMG_1887.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1890.JPG

I don't think it's bad usb ports(being that you've tested all of your usb ports including all hubs you're using ie. monitor/keyboard/front panel/ect.), this just sounds like improper configuration of devices or bad driver. So once you've installed all the latest drivers repost with results let me know. Your bios also needs to be updated but tis is a serious task and needs to be done when you can guarantee that your computer won't lose power. To do so here's a guide on rog boards:

Back from the dead....

I cant boot bios from usb because the ports don't work lol

I installed every driver from Asus website and am now doing this fingers crossed lol 

image.jpg

Now my pc blue screens lol there was a message I can't get back saying I have to set raid something's or sata something's in bios ... what raid settings or whatever do I need after bios update 

So you need to enable raid, head back into the bios. If in ez mode on the front page enable intel rapid storage, now head into advanced mode by pressing f7. head to advance>Advanced/pchstorage configurator Now enable sata controller if disabled, switch from ahci to raid 

gotta get some sleep before work tomorrow, so I'll respond in the morning.

edit:2nd paragraph

Back from the dead....

skip that step and continue on to the other steps previously stated.

Back from the dead....