New build $650 Cad

Billy_Mays

I'm looking to do a fresh start since my build right now it's buggy as all hell and I can't find something to fix it I know I used preowned stuff I know the risk but lately it's been lagging in GTA V just that game and it changed the resolution Rocket League was at and it showed the task bar and a huge black screen and Rocket League was no where to be found, so I want to start fresh and I can re use the hard drive I'm fine with that but I have it 90% full of games (500gb) I can use the PSU again but don't want to because that will affect the resell value but I got a budget of $650 cad and I do record games, edit videos, like to have tons of tabs open, and don't need max settings, I will have a set of speakers and a 1080p TV that I will get for cheap, I have the peripherals I need, I would like a case that supports water cooling (I'm just not in the budget of water cooling yet because that's what my custom case is for once I make it), my new desk and stuff will come before this so then I'm not crammed for room, I don't mind going for used parts but I will try to go new if possible, so what would be the best for me right now and I can reuse my M9A 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

10 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I'm looking to do a fresh start since my build right now it's buggy as all hell and I can't find something to fix it I know I used preowned stuff I know the risk but lately it's been lagging in GTA V just that game and it changed the resolution Rocket League was at and it showed the task bar and a huge black screen and Rocket League was no where to be found, so I want to start fresh and I can re use the hard drive I'm fine with that but I have it 90% full of games (500gb) I can use the PSU again but don't want to because that will affect the resell value but I got a budget of $650 cad and I do record games, edit videos, like to have tons of tabs open, and don't need max settings, I will have a set of speakers and a 1080p TV that I will get for cheap, I have the peripherals I need, I would like a case that supports water cooling (I'm just not in the budget of water cooling yet because that's what my custom case is for once I make it), my new desk and stuff will come before this so then I'm not crammed for room, I don't mind going for used parts but I will try to go new if possible, so what would be the best for me right now and I can reuse my M9A 

Ryzen 5 1600 on a b350 platform is probably your best option but $650 makes it very tight especially with video card pricing.

You may have have to go with a new CPU/ram board and go used for the rest to stay under budget.

2 minutes ago, kalnick said:

Ryzen 5 1600 on a b350 platform is probably your best option but $650 makes it very tight especially with video card pricing.

You may have have to go with a new CPU/ram board and go used for the rest to stay under budget.

I know but it's my budget I could try to streach it a little 

3 minutes ago, kalnick said:

You won't get anything close to that with 650 cad. Maybe a Ryzen 5 1600 and B350 with a RX550.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

4 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I know but it's my budget I could try to streach it a little 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/93LkNN

Total: $517.48  

Get a new CPU ram and mobo, use all you other existing hardware and replace them piece by piece as time goes by.

That probably the best way to go. Otherwise your going to sacrifice performance for cost and in the long run your likely just going to upgrade again sooner

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.50 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: *G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($79.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: *Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.50 @ shopRBC) 
Video Card: *Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Video Card  ($192.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Deepcool - D-Shield ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $677.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-24 15:14 EDT-0400

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.50 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: *G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($79.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: *Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.50 @ shopRBC) 
Video Card: *Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Video Card  ($192.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Case: Deepcool - D-Shield ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $677.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-24 15:14 EDT-0400

OP wants to do more then just game like video editing so the 6 core 12 thread 1600 is the better choice for his use case.

1 minute ago, kalnick said:

OP wants to do more then just game like video editing so the 6 core 12 thread 1600 is the better choice for his use case.

I used an mobile i3 for my first couple of videos, now did I say I needed 6 cores and 12 threads because if I did I would go for Server grade stuff

using this as a loose guide the 770 ranks higher better then the 1050ti

allowing you to save some money on that for now. Again I relize this kills your whole resale value. Can you afford to sell your current rig before you buy a new one. That might give you more to work with

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

I used an mobile i3 for my first couple of videos, now did I say I needed 6 cores and 12 threads because if I did I would go for Server grade stuff

You didn't say you need it but  you also didn't say you didn't want it :) PlusI got the impression you wanted it to last you a bit before you needed to upgrade.  Go for the R5 1400 then

6/8 cores is clearly no longer server stuff anymore. Its clearly mainstream now :)

1 minute ago, kalnick said:

You didn't say you need it but I got the impression you wanted it to last you a bit before you needed to upgrade.  Go for the R5 1400 then

I don't care if I upgrade every couple of months I just want to have a proper working system

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

I don't care if I upgrade every couple of months I just want to have a proper working system

uhm.. ok If you are is a position that you can possibly upgrade every couple of months then why not save up for a bigger budget system..

Absolutely in this case buy the R5 1400 system since you don't mind upgrading often you'll be fine with it.

4 minutes ago, kalnick said:

uhm.. ok If you are is a position that you can possibly upgrade every couple of months then why not save up for a bigger budget system..

Absolutely in this case buy the R5 1400 system since you don't mind upgrading often you'll be fine with it.

That's because my desk and stuff will cost $250+ to my door so $900 isn't enough for a total redo of my setup?!

16 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

That's because my desk and stuff will cost $250+ to my door so $900 isn't enough for a total redo of my setup?!

Its not if $900 is enough money. at the end of the day you could find a setup that would work for far less then that if you hunted around and went used.  its whether or not you'll be happy with what you get in the end that matters.

I would tell people looking to build a decent, quality gaming rig that will last you a couple years to expect to pay $800-$1000 CND  for the tower.

At the end of the day you only have the money that you have.

My r5 1600 build cost me just over $1100 cnd (just the tower). I bought my parts piece by piece over 3 months as they went on sale.  I kept and eye on all the shell shockers/daily deals and sales that Newegg, NCIX and Canada Computers had to save money building it

9 minutes ago, kalnick said:

Its not if $900 is enough money. at the end of the day you could find a setup that would work for far less then that if you hunted around and went used.  its whether or not you'll be happy with what you get in the end that matters.

I would tell people looking to build a decent, quality gaming rig that will last you a couple years to expect to pay $800-$1000 CND  for the tower.

At the end of the day you only have the money that you have.

My r5 1600 build cost me just over $1100 cnd (just the tower). I bought my parts piece by piece over 3 months as they went on sale.  I kept and eye on all the shell shockers/daily deals and sales that Newegg, NCIX and Canada Computers had to save money building it

I know about deal hunting I have done that, I try to get the cheapest stuff that looks decent and fits my budget I built my current rig for $290 cad and I waited 4.5 months and I'm not doing that again

1 minute ago, Billy_Mays said:

I know about deal hunting I have done that, I try to get the cheapest stuff that looks decent and fits my budget I built my current rig for $290 cad and I waited 4.5 months and I'm not doing that again

Have you considered a prebuilt system? 

6 minutes ago, kalnick said:

Maybe arefurb

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883221083

How about this R51400 for $675 it comes with warranty and windows 10 incl

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102050

Both are garbage for price to performance, the first one has terrible airflow, the second one doesn't look nice with the ketchup and mustard cables 

1 hour ago, Billy_Mays said:

Both are garbage for price to performance, the first one has terrible airflow, the second one doesn't look nice with the ketchup and mustard cables 

Well good luck. I hope you find what your looking for.